Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

editor/librarian program for the 4X?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keith-helen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi korgpask

When I spoke to the person at Korg PA manager he said that if you are changing your computer/harddrive etc just contact them and they will cancel that harddrive and register the new one.

Regards

Keith Lawton
and PaAs have now got left handed banjo
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keith-helen wrote:
Hi korgpask

When I spoke to the person at Korg PA manager he said that if you are changing your computer/harddrive etc just contact them and they will cancel that harddrive and register the new one.

Regards

Keith Lawton
That's correct.
I have the Korg Pa Manager and I changed laptop/Pc few times, contacted them and they sent me the new registration number free of charge. It's a good and time saving program.
korgpask

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, when the HDD is replaced, you must contact Korg Pa Manager for a new code. they are willing and good. Korg Pa Manager pays off who is serious about Korg
korgpask

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would like to know more about KORG PA MANAGER

https://www.korgpamanager.com/

or

https://www.korgpamanager.com/faq/
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@korgpask
Out of interest, what do you find most useful in the PAMANAGER tool?

I was considering it a while ago but the support issues reported here and the restrictions/limitations on the Mac version stopped me from buying.

What does it do that can't be done on the keyboard?

Thanks

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Just to clarify a point regarding PA Manager as I was one of several forum Members who made a Group purchase.
PA Manager is a piece of software that does NOT have a manual for it.
It is the only piece of software that I know of that does not include a written manual. On speaking to the owner of Korg PA Manager I was told that due to it being such an easy piece of software to use there is no need for a manual. I am 64 years old and although I enjoy technology I am a slow learner. I have a £125 piece of software that is too complicated for me personally to understand. I have been told to contact the Company if I have any questions and they are super friendly and helpful. That still does not make up for the lack of a manual.
I am now slowly making my way through the PA4X manual and trying to learn more about the keyboard as I believe the only way I can use PA Manager is by having a greater understanding of the PA4X itself.
I don't regret buying PA Manager, I just wish they had a proper pdf manual for it.
Chris
kleant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a user of korg pamanager since early days and I want to give anyone interested some personal opinion.

Since launched the program has a lot of updates and new features the greatest of them all is the ability to make changes to samples just by searching name, or by viewing the size and length in a very nice list and clean interface. from there you can easely replace a sample just by clicking and replacing or even editing. You can compress/uncompress all done on a click and view interface.

You can merge sets from different sets just by dragging and dropping the styles and all the external sound or samples will be automatically imported on to the new set and will save you a lot of time if you are going to do it manually on the keyboard 1 by 1 each style or sound.

You can create reports of the styles, user sounds or samples easely and export them to spreadsheets or other various formats.

Most of the features that are on the keyboard are on the program as well some even better and a lot more faster in my opinion specially if you want to rename or move things around. A must tool if you need to merge sets, change samples, batch editing and renaming styles, report creating etc...

Now of course there is room for improvement at the moment sadly does not fully support the next os 1.5Gb of ram the maximum you can load is 400Mb but I think soon there will be an update which will allow full next support. The other most important missing feature is the song book which it's not supported by the program, however worth mentioning that most errors and restart bugs on next os have been reported from user using the song book which personally I think korg have still not nail it and need to make it stable.

There is a lot what you can do by using an external pc application or program personally i would like to see more features on the protected USB or even device ID applications so each user can create their personal sets protected etc...

I forget to add their support is great if you need technical help you can just drop an email or even contact them via Facebook I have my self and they have been great support every time I have needed.
ANAFREE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kleant wrote:
I have been a user of korg pamanager since early days and I want to give anyone interested some personal opinion.

Since launched the program has a lot of updates and new features the greatest of them all is the ability to make changes to samples just by searching name, or by viewing the size and length in a very nice list and clean interface. from there you can easely replace a sample just by clicking and replacing or even editing. You can compress/uncompress all done on a click and view interface.

You can merge sets from different sets just by dragging and dropping the styles and all the external sound or samples will be automatically imported on to the new set and will save you a lot of time if you are going to do it manually on the keyboard 1 by 1 each style or sound.

You can create reports of the styles, user sounds or samples easely and export them to spreadsheets or other various formats.

Most of the features that are on the keyboard are on the program as well some even better and a lot more faster in my opinion specially if you want to rename or move things around. A must tool if you need to merge sets, change samples, batch editing and renaming styles, report creating etc...

Now of course there is room for improvement at the moment sadly does not fully support the next os 1.5Gb of ram the maximum you can load is 400Mb but I think soon there will be an update which will allow full next support. The other most important missing feature is the song book which it's not supported by the program, however worth mentioning that most errors and restart bugs on next os have been reported from user using the song book which personally I think korg have still not nail it and need to make it stable.

There is a lot what you can do by using an external pc application or program personally i would like to see more features on the protected USB or even device ID applications so each user can create their personal sets protected etc...

I forget to add their support is great if you need technical help you can just drop an email or even contact them via Facebook I have my self and they have been great support every time I have needed.

Applause
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: