Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Separate Routing (Outputs) for Mic and Korg Sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vivi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject: Separate Routing (Outputs) for Mic and Korg Sounds Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
first excuse me if I am asking ridiculous questions. I am fairly new to all this routing and input/out madness.

So I have a fairly complex video/audio setup here which quite frankly is overwhelming me. Imagine a home TV-show broadcast show Smile with no assistants.

My setup consists of two PCs, 2 cameras, 2 Mics and a korg kronos. The Kronos is sort of my sound effects/jingle machines and also a voice FX machine. ( I might use software based solution for the sfx if things get too crazy )

PC 1, and Cameras I want to capture into PC 2 using a quad HDMI capture card and OBS.
PC 2 has a RME fireface 400 which I want to use as my audio interface and mixer. As if it wasnt already crazy enough, PC1 and 2 also generate sound s /music which I want to route to the sounds of the Kronos ( except music and the voice). This can happen in Totalmix though. I assume that everything that happens on PC 2 is straight forward.

Now I am wondering how to connect all my gear.
First challenge:
I have a two mic setup. One close for narration, and one for the Camera shots. A shotgun mic if you will.
My voice from both mics should go into the RME, apply master effects to match them , then from there to the Kronos to allow some Voice FX (using the joystick for realtime action) and back to the RME. Does this make sense and is this possible?

2nd Challenge:
Now I want to use some of the Korg sounds as well but have them send through a different output than the voice. When I set Global output to 1/2 I have only one output? How to use 3/4 as well?
I need voice, sounds and music ( from PC2) on separate busses in RME's totalmix. This would then allow me to record them on separate tracks in OBS so I can then edit them later on if I need to.

I was also wondering if SPDIF could be of any use? I have never used it.
I am still experimenting with this setup.
Any help would be very much apprecitaed.

Vivi
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can route:
PC 1 S/PDIF out to Kronos S/PDIF input
PC 2 1/8" out to Kronos INPUT 1/2
There is a USB IN, but I have only used my Ipad for that.

Under the TIMBRE/TRACK button is the AUDIO button. You can select that, if you want to use Sliders 1 - 6 for level control.
Output Kronos to camera PC 2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: