Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CLEAN-UP time (plenty of time too!!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:24 am    Post subject: CLEAN-UP time (plenty of time too!!) Reply with quote

Hi friends

Well, here we all are with too much time and not enough to do (except if you're still working of course)

So I decided to take my time and completely "re-build" all my styles logically and re-build my DIRECT set too.
Ok, after 30 minutes, I gave up!
All those style names are a nightmare and many the same name but are in fact different styles (like the latest "Cool Pop")
Also, the names do not always imply the genre - lots of ballads that do not have "ballad" in the name.

OK, so my new approach is to build my own clean SONGBOOK "reference database" with one entry for every style - I can use the various fields to place genre and other info I want (even the bonusware volume numbers etc...) - I may add song suggestion in the detail - anyway, got to plan it properly first.

This will keep me quiet for a while - if it works out, I'll let you know and of course share with you if you are interested.
I've been stockpiling resources to achieve this task (wine and..... well, wine anyway Wink )

Take REAL care all you guys and gals

Pete Very Happy

Take care
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Rosco_Australia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, plenty of time on our hands.
I have been watching www.thekorggurus.co.uk website which has some great videos. Are their any other sites which have training videos for the Korg PA range?
Regards, Ross Very Happy
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been using a 2 set system one set call set1.set for all factory and user content, I’ve renamed all the user banks to the same as the factory ones (apart from the sound banks) and set2.set for direct access content. For a time I thought the direct folder was read only, now I’ve found you can also write to a direct folder it makes it easier to transfer content between banks.

I’ve also renamed the banks on the direct folder as well.
keith-helen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Karma
You may recall you have helped me in the past, so I do not wish to disappoint you with my latest achievement.

Yes, I have had many korg keyboards, yes, I have had the 4X for a long time.
No I do not use all the facilities as I do not not know how to. I have printed the whole manual and do refer to it (not frequently) as I am just a player a bouter.

So I hope you can see where I am coming from.

Well I struggled with downloading the bonus styles as they seemed to write over everything I had managed to write. Therefore I gave up, that is until now. Now that I have more time available (after I had to decorate two rooms) I found out what I was doing wrong. I was not opening the styles down far enough.
Previously having saved the style set onto the hard drive I would highlight it and select open. Now I highlight it and select OPEN then select STYLE and open it then select user style and OPEN it , then I can select and safe the style to wherever.

This is all very easy once you know how to do it. I DIDN'T so sorry Karma you may scratch your head and wonder who this idiot is. Well it is me.

Stay safe to all.

Best wishes

Keith Lawton
and PaAs have now got left handed banjo
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith

Firstly you are NOT an idiot!!!

Yes the "OPEN" is the key

With new bonusware SETs I save everything then load the full set, try it, note the sales I want to use, then reload my saved set and after that load the individual new bonusware style I want.

Take care

Pete Very Happy
rockola

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reply to Rosco_Australia

Hi Ross,

You can view the Korg World webinars at https://www.crowdcast.io/korgworld?endedPage=1
Both Pete Shaw and Paul Carmen (Gurus) feature in some of the webinars (particularly Pete).

Also, there's a German guy called Alois Muller who does a YouTube video almost every day and is absolutely brilliant. You can watch him here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNq6hIqGcG6MBMM0_M9cGiA

He mainly uses a PA1000 with the MUSIKANT software but the basic principles are the same. He has done some using the PA4x. Many of his videos are extremely informative but, unfortunately, they are in German and don't have English subtitles. I have watched him so many times I am now almost fluent. Although it's difficult to understand what he says I find I can follow his instructions visually in most cases.

Don
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete, you are going to all that trouble, and then the NEW Korg will appear and you will buy it and have to start all over. Smile
I HOPE!
Stay well my friend!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pete, you are going to all that trouble, and then the NEW Korg will appear and you will buy it and have to start all over.

Aha Don - you know I'll never buy a new Korg Wink
Rosco_Australia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Don (Rockola),
thanks for that info, much appreciated.
Regards, Rosco, OZ Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: