Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg ARP2600
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
Oldretro wrote:

The latest news is that my music store (one of the bigger ones in Holland) say they will be able to deliver, but in 26 weeks. When I pre-ordered it, it was supposed to be 3 weeks, but I did not really believe that anyway. So I can't do anything but wait, and see if they can fulfil their promise. The slightly worrying thing is, that the 2600 is still available for pre-order on their website, while it seems to be sold out, practically everywhere else in the world. Well, we'll see.

I contacted Thomann again on it a few days ago. They product manager went and specifically enquired with Krog - but came back and said they literally have no news of any kind to report. I'm curious how a Dutch supplier can quote 26 weeks, and Thomann are unable to find out anything. And I emphasise - they didn't say they have news they can't divulge - they said they have been given no news of any kind from Korg.

I also emailed Korg UK and they say they have no idea whether more will be released. However, in their email they said requests coming in were overwhelming - so that suggests to me that Korg put out 400 at low risk to see how it sold; made no specific plans to re-release it, but with overwhelming demand, may do another run.

But even if they do produce, say, another 400 of them - they'll be scooped up in a lottery type manner. Unless they do a run of a few thousand, Id' say anyone not a "name" in music might struggle to acquire one.

I wonder if Korg is just playing it safe for now with the upcoming release of Lite-Brite, affectionately know to some as the Behringer 2600.

Maybe Korg is waiting till Lite-Brite runs its course and then do another run. It would be interesting to see how many Korg ARP 2600 world wide are on wish list/ back order. And how many of those will still be around if the B2600 comes out tomorrow.
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
Oldretro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooked On Sonics wrote:
Kevin Nolan wrote:
Oldretro wrote:

The latest news is that my music store (one of the bigger ones in Holland) say they will be able to deliver, but in 26 weeks. When I pre-ordered it, it was supposed to be 3 weeks, but I did not really believe that anyway. So I can't do anything but wait, and see if they can fulfil their promise. The slightly worrying thing is, that the 2600 is still available for pre-order on their website, while it seems to be sold out, practically everywhere else in the world. Well, we'll see.

I contacted Thomann again on it a few days ago. They product manager went and specifically enquired with Krog - but came back and said they literally have no news of any kind to report. I'm curious how a Dutch supplier can quote 26 weeks, and Thomann are unable to find out anything. And I emphasise - they didn't say they have news they can't divulge - they said they have been given no news of any kind from Korg.

I also emailed Korg UK and they say they have no idea whether more will be released. However, in their email they said requests coming in were overwhelming - so that suggests to me that Korg put out 400 at low risk to see how it sold; made no specific plans to re-release it, but with overwhelming demand, may do another run.

But even if they do produce, say, another 400 of them - they'll be scooped up in a lottery type manner. Unless they do a run of a few thousand, Id' say anyone not a "name" in music might struggle to acquire one.

I wonder if Korg is just playing it safe for now with the upcoming release of Lite-Brite, affectionately know to some as the Behringer 2600.

Maybe Korg is waiting till Lite-Brite runs its course and then do another run. It would be interesting to see how many Korg ARP 2600 world wide are on wish list/ back order. And how many of those will still be around if the B2600 comes out tomorrow.

Well, it seems Kevin was right all along, I got a message today that they can't deliver the 2600FS. I don't know why I had to wait for more than 3 months before they knew. But I think mostly Korg is to blame, for not being really honest. So you can imagine that I'm not amused, to say the least Sad. But hey, life goes on, there are far far worse things going on in the world right now.
Oldretro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldretro wrote:
Hooked On Sonics wrote:
Kevin Nolan wrote:
Oldretro wrote:

Well, it seems Kevin was right all along, I got a message today that they can't deliver the 2600FS. I don't know why I had to wait for more than 3 months before they knew. But I think mostly Korg is to blame, for not being really honest. So you can imagine that I'm not amused, to say the least Sad. But hey, life goes on, there are far far worse things going on in the world right now.

Update: And today a message came that they *can* deliver, and even a bit sooner than expected. I believe it when I get the message that I can pick it up.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/l31RXiVSI9s
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldretro wrote:
Oldretro wrote:
Hooked On Sonics wrote:
Kevin Nolan wrote:
Oldretro wrote:

Update: And today a message came that they *can* deliver, and even a bit sooner than expected. I believe it when I get the message that I can pick it up.

A colleague bought one in Germany recently. But - it was all secretive, because of connections he had.

Based on that i contacted Korg UK again and they reconfirmed to me in no uncretain terms - so that I would not contact them again on it - that th ARP2600FS is _NEVER_ going to be on general sale. It was a limited edition, sold through exclusive channels only through Korg.

A few retailers managed to secure a few, but that is it. There will be no more built.

At the same time I also contacted Thomann - complaining that if a small German retailer managed ot secure one, why hadn't they? The also sent me a detailed reply, indicating that in January there was widespread confusion among retailers and that although they initially thought they may be able to secure some for pre-order, multiple attempts by Thomann yielded nothing =- they were never able to secure any at all and hence disengaged from it in totality.

So there may have been some suppliers who acquired small initial numbers of them and like Thomann thought they'd secure more - but I've now been resolutely reassured by the highest authority in Korg UK that no more will be built and it will not be for sale, coupled to the largest supplier in Europe confirming this also!

What annoys me about it is that Korg announced it _as_ a release - and in my opinion there would be the market for another run of production.

But it's the playing games with Behringer that bugs me - they have in effect used / fooled their loyal user base into thinking they could by an ARP 2600FS - only for the whole affair to be an exclusive-boys-club affair and a promotion campaign to get one over on Behringer. Korg shoul dhave announced from the outset the nature of the release. I parked 3000 Euro for the purchase of one - so it's not a moot point - it affected my budgeting and planning; ultimately to be badly let down - to say nothing of the hours wasted trying to find out the state of affairs - and still - no public statement by Korg on it.
Narioso

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
https://youtu.be/l31RXiVSI9s

Interesting documentary over these folks that made history, thanks. Smile
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.gearnews.com/the-antonus-system-arp-2600-replica-step-brother-sequencer-plus-eurorack-case-for-original-arp/
thevault

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject: What a stupid company!! Reply with quote

Korg is not releasing more ARP 2600 and made a run of 100......marketing ploy.

What a stupid company and there's no reason to buy anything Korg Wink
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: What a stupid company!! Reply with quote

thevault wrote:
Korg is not releasing more ARP 2600 and made a run of 100......marketing ploy.

What a stupid company and there's no reason to buy anything Korg Wink

Yes, we've got your message - there's no need to spread it over as many threads as possible.

LIMITED EDITION - What part of that do you not understand?
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

96095599-10157650089439209-6703650921999499264-o
96521852-10157650089359209-6286218416231546880-o
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basari: so you got one, eh? Make a video of the unboxing, you lucky dog!

Oldretro

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
Oldretro wrote:
Oldretro wrote:
Hooked On Sonics wrote:
Kevin Nolan wrote:
Oldretro wrote:

A colleague bought one in Germany recently. But - it was all secretive, because of connections he had.

Based on that i contacted Korg UK again and they reconfirmed to me in no uncretain terms - so that I would not contact them again on it - that th ARP2600FS is _NEVER_ going to be on general sale. It was a limited edition, sold through exclusive channels only through Korg.

A few retailers managed to secure a few, but that is it. There will be no more built.

At the same time I also contacted Thomann - complaining that if a small German retailer managed ot secure one, why hadn't they? The also sent me a detailed reply, indicating that in January there was widespread confusion among retailers and that although they initially thought they may be able to secure some for pre-order, multiple attempts by Thomann yielded nothing =- they were never able to secure any at all and hence disengaged from it in totality.

So there may have been some suppliers who acquired small initial numbers of them and like Thomann thought they'd secure more - but I've now been resolutely reassured by the highest authority in Korg UK that no more will be built and it will not be for sale, coupled to the largest supplier in Europe confirming this also!

What annoys me about it is that Korg announced it _as_ a release - and in my opinion there would be the market for another run of production.

But it's the playing games with Behringer that bugs me - they have in effect used / fooled their loyal user base into thinking they could by an ARP 2600FS - only for the whole affair to be an exclusive-boys-club affair and a promotion campaign to get one over on Behringer. Korg shoul dhave announced from the outset the nature of the release. I parked 3000 Euro for the purchase of one - so it's not a moot point - it affected my budgeting and planning; ultimately to be badly let down - to say nothing of the hours wasted trying to find out the state of affairs - and still - no public statement by Korg on it.

I just got the conformation that my music store can't deliver, just as you predicted. Unbelievable I had to wait 5 months! But especially Korg gets a big thumbs down because of how they misled everyone. Maybe I'll try the Behringer, even though I don't like the smaller from factor. But I think it will sound good, they've proven it with the Model D and Odyssey. Anyway, I wish every one who got a 2600 all the happiness, you'll love it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: