Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EK-50 effects / buying decision

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricardorossi

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject: EK-50 effects / buying decision Reply with quote

Hi all!

I am looking to buy a keyboard to have some fun and practice at home. I use to practice with my dad 20 years ago, but I am looking to re-start from zero.

So I came to 2 options: EK-50 and CTX5000, and my favorite by now is the EK-50. But I have 3 questions that are still in my mind before buying it:
-I am not sure about effects available, I found nothing about chorus in the manual. Does it have a good amount of effects on it or not? (Chorus/reverb...) this is not a must but since I would like to record some tracks (mainly on guitar/el. guitar) to play together with me, that might limit me in the long term.

-I saw that it is easy to make samples (Yamaha psr) and to build your own rithm on CTX5000, but again, have no information about it on EK50. Does it have a good flexibility on recording your tracks and improvising it during the play (Like a sampler) or you can just make a playback without controlling start/stop?

As mentioned, I want to record bass/guitar/el guitar tracks to play along, is this voices equal or better than casio AIX?

I see that most of these can be solved using the keyboard as a midi controller and editing/sampling in the computer, but if these functions are built-in I would be sure on the buy right now.
Mitzie

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EK-50 has been designed as a Performance Keyboard. It's relatively easy operating system is aimed at those primarily wanting to perform live and play. So will have its limitations for studio use and tweaking of effects. It has probably the best keybed in its price range

Whereas the Casio CT-X5000 has better features for more studio recording, functionality, effects and use, but at the expense of a poorer keybed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: