Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Still got the blues - Pa4x guitar -

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bescki

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 12:03 am    Post subject: Still got the blues - Pa4x guitar - Reply with quote

I play keyboard from 1995 and I havnt any video on youtube Very Happy

I started to put videos on youtube...

Please subscribe or comment or like if you like this video Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CB6XJ8feHw&feature=youtu.be

thanks
Besim Mydyti
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible - beautifully played - sounds fantastic.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Bescki

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Incredible - beautifully played - sounds fantastic.

Pete Very Happy

Thank you Pete Very Happy
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
rockola

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnificent ! Sheer Brilliance !

Don Watson
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary Moore would love it, and I do too!
patpsc

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lead guitar sound is so beautiful and realistic. Did you use user guitar sample or it's the factory sample?
Bescki

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patpsc wrote:
Lead guitar sound is so beautiful and realistic. Did you use user guitar sample or it's the factory sample?

After I recorded video I realized that I played very bad Very Happy

anyway, guitar I used are Crunch Gtr DNC
fx1 stereo BPM delay
fx2 AMP: OD/HG Amp Sim
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
steve350

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what you guys are hearing, "Realistic" are you kidding me. I think the player is just great but you really think that sounds like a guitar, please.
Besim, no knock on you, great job.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve350 wrote:
I don't know what you guys are hearing, "Realistic" are you kidding me. I think the player is just great but you really think that sounds like a guitar, please.
Besim, no knock on you, great job.

Well, your comment, while a bit true, is also a bit harsh.

The problem is that there are so many articulations to consider when playing a keyboard guitar sound, it is hard to get them all like a physical guitar player would do live. The Korg products, especially the PA series with the DNC controls, can get pretty close.

The other part of it all is the processing. Making sure that the elements are in place for a 'true' guitar sound is just as important as playing the sound itself (with all of the articulation).

In my experience with keyboard guitar, the sounds can be pretty thin because the effects block is not set up correctly. Running a Tube Preamp model, distortion (if needed for the song) and a good Reverb/Delay/Chorus bank is very important. Even then, 'real' guitar players can hear the difference, no matter how close one can come.

If we add to all of that the STYLE the player is going for, it adds even more to the equation Smile For classical guitar stuff, it can be very difficult to make it sound just right. For blues, it can be very tough too. It seems like heavily processed rock stuff can get a bit closer, due to all the effects involved to get a lead sound from Satriani, Via, Schon, Petrucci, etc...

Here is my version of Amazing Grace, done on the PA700 with only the classical guitar (with DNC) played live. There is a slight string pad sitting behind it. This comes fairly close. It does sound a bit thin, but the Reverb helps is adding some depth to the overall sound. With that said, it still sounds like a guitar sound played on a keyboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCP41ujZiIU

Here is something that is more processed, and because of all of the processing, it actually comes a bit closer. I did this on my Korg M50 with no DNC controls (it does not have the DNC stuff that the newer models have). There are many elements in this song where it sounds like a real guitar, but you can hear in the vibrato where I actually did not do any where I should have...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf8YF4YxX7o

Here is another one where I am using the Korg PA700 for the guitar lead. I made a custom lead guitar patch. With the DNC controls, it easily sounds more real than the one done on the M50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOmde1_fpDc

Just some food for thought. Technology has come a LONG way since the early days. I remember doing songs back in the day with older Korg/Roland synths, trying to emulate guitar. It is MUCH different now Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done!

And it beautifully illustrates how basically you cannot play a realistic lead guitar without using either an SMF (which I think this might be) or the Chord Sequencer or an MP3. LH bends and modulation are pretty much constant, there's absolutely no time to play the chords and still get the bends in when they are needed and appropriate.

One trick that I am not sure the OP is using is an expression pedal to modulate volume AND tone a bit. That's part of what makes distorted guitar sound the way it does. The nature of overdrive makes the overall output volume pretty constant (which it needs to be) but the input to the overdrive can still vary quite a bit, which changes the tone and breakup of the sound, especially when playing more than one note.

To best get this, it's important to gain stage the sound BEFORE the overdrive insert, so that backing off can clean up the sound to the right degree. Plus it helps to have something in the patch respong to expression about the tone to... boost a frequency, or roll off some harmonics, whatever. That's part of the magic of real guitar... Pick angle, where on the string you pick, where you set the tone controls and volume knob, all of these make a radical difference to how the overdrive responds, and widens the color palette.

But yes, there's really only so far you can go without MPE to get an authentic guitar sound. Tuning and intonation is the last detail, and that takes more modern controllers and programming.

We all know Marco Parisi from his amazing PA3X demos. Take a look at some of his amazing Roli Seabord/Laptop VSTi guitar playing to see how even a hand on the joystick isn't quite enough to accurately simulate real guitar. Independent bend and modulation for each note is much closer to what actually happens on a real guitar. This is the promise of MPE and it can't arrive soon enough for me on arrangers!

This one is well worth watching to the end... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fQbtp2BgY4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: