Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chords display in the lyrics mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roppeke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject: Chords display in the lyrics mode Reply with quote

Hi,

I have played years with a Roland keyboard and when playing a midifiles with lyrics, the chords where displayed (even without lyrics)

Now with the Korg this same midifiles don't show chords.

What am I doing wrong?
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are doing nothing wrong. Roland is the only arranger that does that.
Roppeke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonM wrote:

Thank you Wink
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject: Lyrics display Reply with quote

DonM wrote:

Do not know what kind of Event-Type Roland is using to display Chords.

If using Pa-Keyboards with Midifiles (SMFs containing Chords or Lyrics with Standard-Event-Type Meta od SysEx) you can display Chords or Lyrics or both of them.

If no chord-information is memorized in SMF also no chord is displayed. That is because smf-player automatically do not generate chords from any smf-track for display.

To genereate chords from tracks to be inserted as meta-events into SMFs can be done easily with software (PsrUti, Cakewalk etc ...) - you select track(s) to be used for chord-informations and chords you want to get displayed are inserted automatically (also can be edited individually) into your smf after you save it with that chord-informations .

With Pa-Keyboard you now can show or hide the chord symbols that might be included in the MIDI Songs.

If on control panel LYRICS is pressed you will see the lyrics (if any appears). If Chord button is pressed in the Lyrics page you also will see the chord symbols, that appears above the lyrics, in time with the music.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Roland, the chords are not embedded. They have some sort of technology that analyzes the music and "guesses" the chords. It isn't always perfect, but it is really good most of the time.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject: chord recognition of smf-tracks Reply with quote

DonM wrote:
With Roland, the chords are not embedded. They have some sort of technology that analyzes the music and "guesses" the chords. It isn't always perfect, but it is really good most of the time.

Is not it more reliable using embedded smf chords instead of auto-generated chords that has been recognized by any or all SMF tracks?

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: chord recognition of smf-tracks Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
DonM wrote:

Is not it more reliable using embedded smf chords instead of auto-generated chords that has been recognized by any or all SMF tracks?

It may be, but still the technology Roland uses is quite good, and saves a lot work. Usually after you play a song a couple of times, the chords come pretty easily anyway.
I seldom use midi files, but when I occasionally do, I wouldn't want to have to take time to encode the chords in the file.
It's a useful tool to many people. Not so much for me, because I play styles ALMOST 100 percent of the time.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: chord recognition of smf-tracks Reply with quote

DonM wrote:
... I wouldn't want to have to take time to encode the chords in the file ..

In case using SMF with a Korg arranger without embedded chords but someone want to see and play its chords , it is recommended to use the software PSRUTI free to download from Homepage of Heiko Plate.

The program performs most of the standard functions of sequencers in a more easy way and I like it to tune midifiles with it. A special feature analyze the harmonies of notes and protocol or insert corresponding XF chord events to be displayed at the keyboard. The time required is low but your get a good result .

There is a track overview and the choice of tracks with chords that you can use for chord recognition. If necessary chords of protocol (txt-file) can be edited before the content may be inserted.

Bernie9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree,PSRUTI is easy and fast,but with surprising depth to it. I use it quite often
Hammond SK1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: