Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slider caps - rubber coating is melting?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dany

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
...I wasn't aware of this problem with the Slider caps,(Mine seem to be fine)is this a known problem that Korg were aware of,if so which serial numbers (maybe) are affected!and at which serial number was it rectified?

Reading this whole thread again, I think Korg is probably aware of the problem. At least one user did receive new replacement caps, without any discussions. There are several users experiencing "sticky" fader and knob caps. Some of them, as we can learn from other threads, did purchase their OASYS very early after its release, obviously from an early production cycle.

There must be a reason, why the Swiss Korg distributor asked me to indicate the serial number and to send them the faulty caps, in order to profit from a free replacement, resp. from a fairness warranty.

The informations available seem to indicate, that there was a material problem with the fader and knob caps from an early production cycle and that Korg did correct the fault. This behaviour would be consistent with Korg's behaviour correcting the production faults from their first production cycle of the Kronos, like the faulty data wheel, etc., etc.,

My OASYS-88 with the faulty fader and knob caps has a serial number around 500 and my other OASYS-88 without any issues, has a serial number much higher than 2000...
-
David425

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Also have an Oasys 76-key that is suffering from sticky sliders. I've noticed that some of the resources that are mentioned here have dried up for replacements, which is to be expected since it's been 8 years.

I reached out to Korg last week asking about replacement sliders, and they, of course, told me, those parts are NOT available through them, and they sent me a link to this forum.

Anyway, I was hoping that someone who has already replaced their sliders could chime in and provide details on how to remove the old ones safely. I tried pulling up on all of them to see if they would slide off, but didn't want to put too much upwards pressure in fear I may damage the circuit board below, so I backed off. What is the proper way to remove old sliders?

Any new slider options in 2020 where replacements can still be found?

Thank you!
pilbeam_mp62

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have owned an Oasys 76 since new and I also had this problem a few years ago. The sliders come off by just pulling them..... I guess yours may be a bit stuck if they’ve been there for a long time. I am sure you won’t damage anything... I seem to remember that they are 4mm ( check this when you get one off) and e-bay sells suitable faders.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MIXER-SLIDER-Fader-Knobs-4mm-Fit-Black-X-16/193559715937?hash=item2d110ee061:g:1FYAAMXQMXRQ8uG0

Best of luck !
David425

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, Thank you!

I'll order those to try and also see if I can pry off the old knobs Smile

Cheers!
David425

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pilbeam_mp62 wrote:
I have owned an Oasys 76 since new and I also had this problem a few years ago. The sliders come off by just pulling them..... I guess yours may be a bit stuck if they’ve been there for a long time. I am sure you won’t damage anything... I seem to remember that they are 4mm ( check this when you get one off) and e-bay sells suitable faders.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MIXER-SLIDER-Fader-Knobs-4mm-Fit-Black-X-16/193559715937?hash=item2d110ee061:g:1FYAAMXQMXRQ8uG0

Best of luck !

Success! Thank you again, Pilbeam. My order arrived today, and everything worked out well. The new ones are only slightly larger but fit just fine, and not sticky anymore. Whoo-hoo.

Cheers!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Straight-Slide-Potentiometer-Flat-push-Knob-Insert-Shaft-4x1-2mm-Black-10pcs/233310788457?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Geoff Flynn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I used. Slightly smaller but look fine. Cheap as chips.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4mm-8mm-Fader-Caps-6-Colours-Mixer-Slider-Pot-Potentiometer-Knobs/233241841869?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
pilbeam_mp62

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David425 wrote:
pilbeam_mp62 wrote:

Best of luck !

Success! Thank you again, Pilbeam. My order arrived today, and everything worked out well. The new ones are only slightly larger but fit just fine, and not sticky anymore. Whoo-hoo.

Cheers!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Straight-Slide-Potentiometer-Flat-push-Knob-Insert-Shaft-4x1-2mm-Black-10pcs/233310788457?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

That’s good news - I am pleased I could help...
pilbeam_mp62

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David425 wrote:
pilbeam_mp62 wrote:

Best of luck !

Cheers!

That’s good news - I am pleased I could help...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: