Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Noticed a Lot of NEW Kronos Videos Popping Up on YouTube

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevbo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject: I Noticed a Lot of NEW Kronos Videos Popping Up on YouTube Reply with quote

I've noticed the past week or so, a lot of new Kronos videos popping up on YouTube. At first I thought the algorithm was pointing me toward old videos I've watched, but these are all new, and they don't really even discuss the summer library release.

Some people have commented that other companies (Yamaha, Roland, etc.) have done this with their older products, and then they would release their flagship soon after. Trust me, I'm not holding my breath, but it would be oh-so-nice to see a Kronos successor. However, I know that topic has been beaten to death. Just making an observation of all these new Kronos videos.

Stay safe, everyone.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: I Noticed a Lot of NEW Kronos Videos Popping Up on YouTu Reply with quote

Kevbo wrote:
I've noticed the past week or so, a lot of new Kronos videos popping up on YouTube. At first I thought the algorithm was pointing me toward old videos I've watched, but these are all new, and they don't really even discuss the summer library release.

Some people have commented that other companies (Yamaha, Roland, etc.) have done this with their older products, and then they would release their flagship soon after. Trust me, I'm not holding my breath, but it would be oh-so-nice to see a Kronos successor. However, I know that topic has been beaten to death. Just making an observation of all these new Kronos videos.

Stay safe, everyone.

are they new " Korg Videos" for Kronos ?

Or new 'user ' videos for Kronos ?
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg Canada has been putting out a lot of short tutorials recently. There’s a recent one from Sweetwater demoing the Titanium. The rest, I think, are user videos, which I attribute to the quarantine state of the world. People finally spending some quality time learning all the things their Kronos can do. Wink
Kevbo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightbringer wrote:
Korg Canada has been putting out a lot of short tutorials recently. There’s a recent one from Sweetwater demoing the Titanium. The rest, I think, are user videos, which I attribute to the quarantine state of the world. People finally spending some quality time learning all the things their Kronos can do. Wink

Yes, exactly this. I found it odd they went over the Titanium model, as if it were a new product.
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking with my Sales Engineer from Sweetwater yesterday and he mentioned there are quite a few items things on backorder. I assume due to the virus and supply chain issues with the manufacturers.

Total speculation on my part. But my guess is they might be trying to feature some items they do have a good supply on, even if they aren’t brand new products. I mean, technically Titanium is a brand new product, although the only difference between it and K2 is the paint job and Italian Grand included.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightbringer wrote:
I was talking with my Sales Engineer from Sweetwater yesterday and he mentioned there are quite a few items things on backorder. I assume due to the virus and supply chain issues with the manufacturers.

d.

Similar conversation I had with 3 US dealers.

also suggested there would be fewer new products for 2021 due supply chain issues. Korg has an assembled approach on keyboards. - they rely on the supply chain for parts, components.

By contrast, Yamaha manufactures many of the parts in keyboards.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some sterling recent work done by a guy called Tom Main.

e.g: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqZSb3rL98w
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightbringer wrote:

Not to mention all the newly out of work musicians (as if it wasn't hard enough to begin with).

Everyone from bedroom or ex-bar guys to stadium-filling rock stars are making videos at home because, well, where else can they play?

I'm sure glad I don't depend on gig money anymore.
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice to gigging musicians, is to take this time, to promote , promote, promote.

Take advantage of social media , expand listener/fan base . Get organized , make a plan, have a plan, get engaged, circulate, take advantage of the gift of time.
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very tough time for anyone making ends meet from live shows. Even for the weekend warriors who just do it for sanity’s sake and beer money. Really I wonder if the live scene will ever recover. It seemed fragile at best when I stopped playing the bar scene a few years ago.
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightbringer wrote:
Yes, very tough time for anyone making ends meet from live shows. Even for the weekend warriors who just do it for sanity’s sake and beer money. Really I wonder if the live scene will ever recover. It seemed fragile at best when I stopped playing the bar scene a few years ago.

Yeah, I tried putting something together a couple of years ago to do the weekend warrior thing, without success. I came up on classic rock so it was hard enough just trying to find players since it's no longer in fashion, and many of my contemporaries are apparently too old to rock and roll. I also like energetic stuff where I can sweat and leap about a bit, but the gigs in Atlanta are typically sports bars where you compete with 20 TVs, or restaurants where they essentially want background music.

Biker bars seem to be the last holdout for classic rock gigs, and even then stages are barely big enough to get your gear onto. The rock rooms I worked in Long Island back in the 80s had stages bigger than the apartments I lived in, and that was just normal. I suspect they've faded into the mist as well.

After giving up on going back to gigging I decided I was bored with playing other people's music anyway. Unless you won the lottery and got a record deal there was never any reliable "making a living" money in originals gigs, so I'd always done cover band stuff. Now I can spend time playing around in the studio doing my own songs. Finding an audience (free or paying) is a different consideration since my style is out of fashion, but at least it's a way to express myself and feed the muse who feeds me.

On the plus side, while you're probably right about the tenuous future of live gigs going forward, this whole isolation thing has made remote a new normal. People are no longer interested in buying / owning music, so recorded music is now largely a non-profit commodity owned by streaming services who pay fractions of pennies per play. Its only commercial value has been to promote live gigs, the last vestige of art that people can't steal and thus have to pay us for. And now that's disappeared as well.

So, with people being trained by isolation to find live interaction with musicians through some sort of virtual method, perhaps working musicians will find some new kind of video / streaming / remote / etc. thing that people would be willing to pay for. Disruption is often the driver for beneficial change, and for people who make music for a living that change has been needed for a long time now.
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: