Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 newbie problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
utas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

padking wrote:
I did install the 1.0.4 upgrade and at first it was OK the librarian wad connecting to the wavestate. But after shutdown and restarting my mac, there was that stupid 'waiting for device" message. So I had to reinstall the new version of HoRnDIS restart..................So that update did not fixe the USB-network mess. I wonder if Korg does even care about it. It probably work after installation because the HoRNDIS from Korg was not active, but after a restart it did, and there was no connection with the wavestate. Bravo Korg!

I' ve had the same problem. There is missing the wavestate service in the network profil.
padking

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolly I dont know if you have access now to the librarian, if not you could try the facebook wavestate user forum. There's Dan Philips from Korg that post there. He did not help me with the problem I had but maybe He could do something for you.
padking

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

utas wrote:
padking wrote:
I did install the 1.0.4 upgrade and at first it was OK the librarian wad connecting to the wavestate. But after shutdown and restarting my mac, there was that stupid 'waiting for device" message. So I had to reinstall the new version of HoRnDIS restart..................So that update did not fixe the USB-network mess. I wonder if Korg does even care about it. It probably work after installation because the HoRNDIS from Korg was not active, but after a restart it did, and there was no connection with the wavestate. Bravo Korg!

I' ve had the same problem. There is missing the wavestate service in the network profil.

How did you resolve the problem ?
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brolly wrote:
ok, so , today friday 14th i did this.

Installed Korg librarian 1.01, restarted mac,
tested, ‘waiting for device’
so then i went ; Mac/library/extensions and deleted Horndis. Then installed HoRNDIS 9.2, restarted Mac,
tested ‘waiting for device’

I can see the wavestate is recognised in the system profiler usb bit but does not appear in the network page in system preferences.

so i’m afraid i’m still ‘waiting for device’

I have screen grabs but can't see how to upload them on this forum.

Hi Brolly! I'm sorry that you're having difficulties. I believe that Korg UK has contacted me about your case. I've asked them a few questions which I assume they'll pass on to you. But, we can also talk here.
First, 9.2 is the same version as installed by the Korg software, so I would expect no change there.
Second, is it possible that you are running any firewall software which might be blocking the required ports? (See the Troubleshooting section at the end of the 1.0.4 Updater PDF for more info.)
Third: do you normally run as an administrator? If not, please try going through the installation while logged in as an administrator.
Fourth: is it possible that you've previously sync'd an Android phone with this computer? I hope that we can get you up and running soon!
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: