Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About editing.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
padking

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject: About editing..... Reply with quote

That's a touchy subject, first I have the greatest admiration and respect for those who create patches for the wavestate. I have tried to edit some patches with not much success, it's not user friendly at least for me. But I bought almost every new patches collections available, emotion, Mark Barnes, recreation......... and some are very good (Mark Barnes not to name him) but there's a tendency that I dont like, sometimes it sound more like a crave to use everything available on the wavestate witch result in a genius edit patches that's almost impossible to use in a mixe. I have seen many wavestate video on Youtube using only the wavestate (some with drums) so I am afraid that the wavestate is only a solo instrument very hard to mixe with others. It would be nice if someone could explain/teach/demonstrate how to use the wavestate with other instruments. It is a great synth but I am having a problem trying to find a place for him in my set up. In fact I am not sure if I am going to keep my wavestate. Maybe it's just the wrong synth for me I do mostly instrumental fusion.............like to read your thoughts on that.............
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do understand you, all the videos are mostly try to show what you can achieve with one wavestate. But normally you would just use the wavestation as one of your sound sources like in a band or in your DAW music production suite.

There is something you have to consider in my opinion. The wavestate has multiple layers of sounds. There are 4 layers in a performance. Every performance is one program per layer.

So basically you have a 4 channel multitimbral synth. When you are using performances then just remove the layers that you don't need (by muting them). Then you are using the programs (or combined programs) for your musical challenges.

So basically the wavestate has the following type of sound sources:
- Performances (4 channels with sounds, called layers)
- Programs (one sound, that you can assign to one layer)
- Wavesequences (the factory wavesequences that you can use in a program)
- Multisamples (those are used in the wavesequences)
- Single multisamples, which basically gives you a one osc VA synth for that program, you can use up to 4 single multisamples which makes it a 4 osc VA synth (although each osc has it's own full synth engine)

That is a lot of power for just one synth and it can do quite a lot and definitely is capable for creating the sounds that you want to use in a fusion band.

Programming the wavestate yourself can be quite intimidating at first sight, but actually it's not that hard once you understand the concept of how it's setup. I'm working on a tutorial series to show how to program the wavestate.
padking

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="QuiRobinez"]i do understand you, all the videos are mostly try to show what you can achieve with one wavestate. But normally you would just use the wavestation as one of your sound sources like in a band or in your DAW music production suite.

There is something you have to consider in my opinion. The wavestate has multiple layers of sounds. There are 4 layers in a performance. Every performance is one program per layer.

So basically you have a 4 channel multitimbral synth. When you are using performances then just remove the layers that you don't need (by muting them). Then you are using the programs (or combined programs) for your musical challenges.

So basically the wavestate has the following type of sound sources:
- Performances (4 channels with sounds, called layers)
- Programs (one sound, that you can assign to one layer)
- Wavesequences (the factory wavesequences that you can use in a program)
- Multisamples (those are used in the wavesequences)
- Single multisamples, which basically gives you a one osc VA synth for that program, you can use up to 4 single multisamples which makes it a 4 osc VA synth (although each osc has it's own full synth engine)

That is a lot of power for just one synth and it can do quite a lot and definitely is capable for creating the sounds that you want to use in a fusion band.

Programming the wavestate yourself can be quite intimidating at first sight, but actually it's not that hard once you understand the concept of how it's setup. I'm working on a tutorial series to show how to program the wavestate.[/quote
Thank you QuiRobinez, by the way I should had mention you in the programmers you do great stuff. It is in fact a good idea to disable the channel you dont need, and I am waiting for your tutorials, maybe i will master the da........thing. But I do wish that korg or somebody else design an editor for the wavestate, that would be a relief.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: