Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Insert Effect Tempo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickle15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:13 am    Post subject: Insert Effect Tempo Reply with quote

Hello! I looked at the manual and don't seem to be able to figure out how to do this, or even if I can. Using B016 Hands of Time program I see that the insert effect 1 is Stereo Random Filter. Assuming that's the effect I want to edit, can I adjust the tempo to make the filter change faster or slower? Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks for your time!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the Stereo Random Filter effect edit page on the Trinity and check if the Src parameter allows Tempo to be selected as one of the values.

nickle15

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sitting by the Trinity now and located the effect edit page. Tempo was already set as the Src parameter. When I adjust the value next to it (it was -50.00 to start) I get no difference in the "motion". So then I tried to make sure that effect was actually what I should adjust to accomplish what I was trying to do. So I turned the effect off and there was no change in the sound. I'm thinking now that the insert effect isn't what needs to be changed. I'll keep poking around to see what else I can find.

Thanks so much for the reply!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try turning the effects off. If the "motion" is still there, look at the edit screens to do with the basic sound itself, to find the relevant parameter.

nickle15

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I turned all the effects off with no results. Finally found something on Page 4 of the program edit screen. Looks like the waveform setting (entitled Random 1) on the Filter 2 LFO is generating the effect I am hearing. This is way deeper in the menus than I've been before - there's so much stuff here! Anyway, I can adjust the "tempo" only by altering the frequency. It's on a scale from 0-99 so I'll have to adjust it by ear to match a tempo in my DAW, unless you know of another way to do this. Thanks again for the pointers!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the FILTER2 LFO page, try setting the AMS to Tempo, with an intensity value of +16. This should allow the LFO to track the Tempo.

nickle15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the ongoing assistance. I found that Tempo was already selected for AMS so I adjusted the intensity to +16 but where would I go from there? Sorry for all the questions - and again, thanks for the patience and assistance.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the AMS tempo setting work as intended? An Intensity setting of 16 sets the LFO rate to match the tempo. If this rate is too fast or too slow, it can be changed.

The Intensity settings follow a pattern that is not immediately obvious but, from the Parameter Guide: "With settings of 16, 33, 49, 66, 82, and 99, the LFO time-related parameters will be multiplied respectively by up to 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, and 64 times (or decreased by 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, or 1/
64)."

nickle15

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't forgotten to reply - just been delayed. I'll test as soon as I can.

One thing I didn't mention, and this was probably an important note, I was looking to set the tempo manually, without any DAW or other external factors. Not sure if that makes any difference in the answer. Thanks!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting the MIDI clock to Internal in the Global settings will allow the Trinity to use its own MIDI clock to set the Tempo. Provided the changes made to the Programs/Combis will respond to Tempo, it should be possible to set this on the keyboard.

nickle15

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success! I was able to set things up as you described and was able to then get the tempo set manually, albeit inside the sequencer. Not sure if there's a way to get the same results staying in program mode but this helps tremendously. Thanks again for all your assistance and patience!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: