Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to disable (turn off) rotary speaker effect?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrvegas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject: How to disable (turn off) rotary speaker effect? Reply with quote

Somebody PLEASE tell me the step-by-step instructions on how to disable the Leslie rotary speaker on an organ program. My favorite program is Dirty Funk if you can guide me through on that one.

Please help! I have a gig tonight and want to disable so I can use my new Ventilator pedal.

Thanks!
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to tab 7-2a Rotary Speaker and uncheck the Rotary On box at the top of the page.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two Program P7 pages. The one you want is under the EXi 1 tab, not the Common tab.

mrvegas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you know what the numbering is on the program tabs or program pages? I'm looking at my screen on the keyboard and don't see any numbers.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top left of screen, after PROGRAM there is a Pn:parameter group reference, with n being the menu page. The only place a reference to 7-2a can be found is in the Parameter Guide and in the Kronos' internal help pages, accessed via the Help button. On the Kronos itself, there is no distinct 2a subsection to Page 7 displayed.

Tap on the EXi 1 button, then the Amp/VC/Rotary SP tab, and then the Rotary Speaker tab.

Perhaps Lightbringer can bring some light to the discussion ;-)

Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, how do I change my screen name to The Darkness...? Smile

You are talking about program INT-C 011: LS DirtyFunk V2, right?

Whenever you see a numeric reference like 7-2a you can basically just count, although admittedly the counting is a little weird.

7-2a:

We're talking about an EXi parameter (vs. a common parameter). There's only 1 EXi sound engine present in thie program so there's only one EXi to adjust. So press the EXi 1 tab to get to those settings. On the bottom row of tabs count from 0 to 7 which will correspond with the tab named Amp/VC/Rotary SP tab.

On the top row of tabs count 1 -2 to get to the Rotary Speaker tab. No idea why the bottom row count starts with zero and the top row count starts with one, other than that I guess the Play tab is always zero.

The "a" part corresponds to the parameter group / panel. "a" is the top left grouping/panel for Rotary Speaker (Custom). That's where you'll find the "Rotary On" checkbox setting. Unchecking it should disable the rotary effect. The individual groups/panels within a tab seem to start with "a" on the top left and move left to right, then down, typically. But you can also find pictures in the parameter guide that call them out.

Note that if we're talking about the the program I mentioned above, even after you disable the rotary, there is still vibrato on it from the V/C (vibrato/chorus) part of the CX-3 engine. You can just press switch 1 above the joystick to disable that if you don't want any kind of pitch modulation to be provided by the Kronos - not really sure what the Ventilator is bringing to the table or whether it would be desirable to have the vibrato on or not.

Hope that helps!
mrvegas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you guys are amazing! Thank you for the in-depth tutorial.

Let me ask another quick question. Some of the CX-3 programs seem to be too low for my tastes. Is there an easy way to edit the program to shift the notes higher by an octave?

Again, I don't mind editing a program and then saving it, or if there is a real-time way to do it while playing live.
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome!

Go to EXi tab 5-1 Keyboard split. You'll notice the keyboard is split between two registers which are controlled by two sets of drawbars. The split occurs at B3. At that note and below, you're using the lower drawbars. Above B3 you're using the upper set of draw bars. Both sets of drawbars are actually identical for this patch. So the only thing different between them is the octave shift you see on this page. The lower half (B3 and below) is actually shifted down an octave. You'll hear a jump when you go from B3 to C4. You could shift the upper half (above note B3) up one or more octaves here by changing the Upper Octave Split parameter.

Pulling down the joystick in the -Y direction toggles the split on and off, meaning that the upper register will cover the entire keyboard. So you already have a real time control. Between these settings hopefully you can find something where you can easily cover the range of notes you want to get at.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: