Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top 50 Most Wanted Enhancements for Kronos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a simple man with simple requests:

1 - Automatically link Combi's/Programs/Sequences/Drum Patterns/etc... as objects so you can load dependencies instead of requiring entire banks. Kurzweil has been doing this since the 1990's. I want to be able to select a Combi, and it loads EVERYTHING it needs automatically to make it work.

Programmatically, it can be done very easily using a hash for each dependent object. Store the hash in the header of a file making it easy to find and reference.

2 - Better IFX regarding distortions, amp/cabinet emulations, etc. My 20+ year old POD sounds better than what's in the Kronos right now.

3 - 64 bit. Duh.

4 - A PC interface that turns the Kronos into a VST instrument. I'd love to be able to program the Kronos from my PC and control it as though it were a VST (And stop trying to do this via SYSEX - It's slow and doesn't work. There's a USB BUS available! Hell, even a network connection would provide a better experience)

5 - WIFI integration, see above.

6 - If Korg allowed you to run a VST (Call it a "User VST Block") that users can copy a VST into memory and run a single VST at a time, that would be amazing.

7 - HDMI out for a proper UI that supports mouse/keyboard. We can eliminate the need for a PC-style VST if there's a proper built-in UI that you can control more like a PC.

8 - Like many have mentioned, better file management. I manage everything on my Kronos via FTP but not everyone is as comfortable cutting a hole in the bottom and running a network cable to a router to do this.

9 - Get rid of HD-1 banks and EXi banks and just have BANKS. Period.

10 - MORE PROGRAM LOCATIONS!

(I'm trying not to repeat what was mentioned already in the thread but some things are common complaints I get from users while working on the Kronos)

11 - MP3 support for samples would go a long way.

12 - BETTER SAMPLE MANAGEMENT. This whole idea that samples are completely independent from programs, linking between files, and samples requiring a specific file location for the loading script to function properly is ridiculous. If you change a folder name, you break samples too easily. Treat samples like objects like I've mentioned above, the same methods could easily apply.

There are more but those are the biggest headaches I hear from my clients whom I support on the Kronos.
musicsound

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots more RAM
Lots more User Banks (Program/Combi)
Transferable Sound Library License to New Kronos 3
Automatic transfer of Sound Library License to ALL of my Kronos (I have 3!)
OS64
Better user interface and easier sample and file management
Use of Kronos as Asio Audio interface
More of physical modelling
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last Korg driver is just a "plaisanterie" ! I won't use it anymore.~~~~~~

Please Korg : a TRUE REAL DRIVER

🌞

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
stevewahl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a piano roll editor was already mentioned. But how about a grid-style pattern editor for creating drum patterns?

I've got DM-1 on my iPad; I wonder how hard it would be to get it to export a midi sequence and import it in. That would be like what I'm asking for, except without the fiddly bits of importing. (Apparently there's a step sequencer in Logic Pro X that I have but haven't tried yet as well.)

Oh, and even more basic: The existing loop recording of patterns could maybe benefit from a variable amount of swing on the quantization?
stevewahl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightbringer wrote:
How about some kind of consolidated modulations view. It doesn't even have to be editable (although that would be a plus). One thing I find about the Kronos is that the AMS modulations are scattered all over the place, across many tabs. It would be nice to be able to see them all in one place so you can tell what is affecting what.

YES!! I don't know how many times I've hit the joystick, ribbon, etc. and wondered how they made it have this particular effect on a sound, or How Do I Turn That Off, It's Messing With Me. If a single page report just showed all the destinations for each AMS source, it'd go *so* much quicker.
stevewahl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pads...

Actually having some pads on the Kronos would be great, of course, but I don't think this thread is about new hardware additions.

Irish Acts has a video on youtube, "KRONOS Pads + AKAI MPD32", without which I would not have considered the idea of putting the pads on non-velocity sensitive switches. But it actually looks like it could be useful.

How about making it possible to use 8 of the switches In Tone Adjust or EXT mode as pad buttons? (i.e. add pad 1 - pad 8 as possible destinations for tone adjust buttons.)

Baring that, at least a way to access the pads from Set List mode (other than "edit program/combi/seq"). Certainly let me know if this is there and I've missed it.

I would love to see a version of the nanopad with only 8 pads, no x/y pad, small enough to mount somewhere on a Kronos 61. The nanopad2 I have now doesn't sit well anywhere.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The possibility to play any midifile backward.
And any audio trackcreated too.

Simple, cheap but very useful

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevewahl wrote:
Pads...

I would love to see a version of the nanopad with only 8 pads, no x/y pad, small enough to mount somewhere on a Kronos 61. The nanopad2 I have now doesn't sit well anywhere.

I have successfully used the Nano2 for several years on my K88

The nano sits on a piece of cabinet fabric [ shelf liner] just above the 8 dials.
[ no tape needed].

The fabric adheres nicely to the surface and the nano does not move around.
davc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject: editor Reply with quote

plz keep the stand alone Editor 'up to date ' with the computer world ...

Windows OS newest build .. !! instead of maddening your buyers who have spent 10s of thousands of dollars on your gear over the years ..!!

If an Editor is 'included' originally ... seems You should keep it working properly ..!!

got kinda pissed off at this issue and sold newer Wavestate - thus far ..!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: editor Reply with quote

davc wrote:
plz keep the stand alone Editor 'up to date ' with the computer world ...

Windows OS newest build .. !! instead of maddening your buyers who have spent 10s of thousands of dollars on your gear over the years ..!!

If an Editor is 'included' originally ... seems You should keep it working properly ..!!

got kinda pissed off at this issue and sold newer Wavestate - thus far ..!

you make solid points. owners/customers should scrutinize any new expensive product and think long term.

if said new expensive product is seriously lacking in certain areas, that says its not for me.
Thus I don't buy it.
piangio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody. The Nautilus OS seems a good direction to me and this is the reason why I'd like to ask Korg to improve KRONOS implementing this.
Are there any rumor regarding this?
Ross Donald

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
1. Piano roll view/editor in sequencer

2. A proper mixdown function in SEQ that lets you mix down the whole song (or partial) to WAV, MP3, M4A, maybe OGG and other popular formats without going into sampling mode. Render direct from SEQ to USB drive in preferred format for easy sharing.

3. Nameable markers in SEQ with a way to jump to them

4. ASIO driver. More USB audio channels if it's possible

5]And my "stretch" wish is wavetable synthesis. I think this could possibly be added to HD-1, and I would think Korg could profitably sell sound packs based on it.

6] Rewrite the user interface to use a modern finger-friendly, iPad-like design.

7]New motherboard DIY

8] x64 OS

9]new engines [ Vox continental, trident]

10] guarantied supply of existing motherboard to cover potential failure over next 10 years

11] lots more RAM

12] File management updates:

Summary
a - Use the enhanced keyboard for all text entry;
b - Allow prompted overwrites for file copy processes;
c - Consolidate file management actions on one page;
d - Standardize file naming character conventions;

Detail
aa - The abbreviated virtual keyboard is frustrating, in that shift is either on or off and does not toggle when a character is entered; the enhanced keyboard exposed in some functions has a proper shift lock which is preferable. Also, the enhanced keyboard has simpler access to the numeric and special characters, thus being more efficient.

bb - The Kronos UI allows one to overwrite files (with prompt) when using the Save PCG/Save All/etc. functions, but the file copy function does not. One must navigate to the target destination and manually remove the file(s) before allowing one to attempt the file copy process.

cc- I would prefer to have all file functionality available from a single page, rather than having to select the Load/Save/Utility page to access the needed menu options. This is annoying when performing a quick Save PCG operation, since the UI defaults to the Load page (when the Kronos is first started) or the last-used page. The ability to have nested sub menus would address this and make file management operations more efficient.

dd - All files should be able to exceed the 8.3 file name limitation, including the KSC files.

13]. Cue list for the SEQ. the M3 model has this SEQ feature

14] Unload All button or checkbox on the Global KSC Autoload page.

15] In drop down menu for ALL modes: provide " open recent " file command.

16] Karma 3. Get it together with Stephen Kay.

17] The ability to specify a SNG file to load at startup

18] Enhance, improve ALL engines to produce new factory Programs.
EP engine in particular should be expanded.

19] security code to un-lock the Kronos to prevent unauthorized access.
[ theft etc]

20] Global/Basic - Text Anti-aliasing: 2x, 3x,4x etc LARGE FONTS.

21] add a automatic loop function when you edit a wav sample (in Sampling Mode)

22] motherboard is Intel D 252W, add an external display port for a bigger screen with a mouse function

23] AMS modulations are scattered over multiple tabs. Consolidate/organize them to include a user edit function.

Hi GregC

I was wondering if I had more than the supplied 2GB of RAM in my Kronus, what would it improve?
Also, I have a spare 1GB RAM chip which is the correct type for my keyboard..... do you know if that be add to the 2GB chip that's already installed, or do I have to match what's already installed? ie an identical 2GB chip
Cheers
Ross
GerardH69

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps on 19 januari we know more.
Korg is having a set of YouTube videos ready to premiere.

Korg new synths for 2021
Korg workstations: nautilus & Kronos
Korg upcoming digital pianos
And Some artist performance demonstrations
kostadinov90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. More slots in Set list mode (now the maximum is 16 on page)

2. Change FX from edit mode (as on Pa Series)

3. Legato/stacato OSC trigering (as on Pa Series)

4. New samples/presets.
kronoskarma

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the following:

Quote:
1. Piano roll view/editor in sequencer

2. A proper mixdown function in SEQ that lets you mix down the whole song (or partial) to WAV, MP3, M4A, maybe OGG and other popular formats without going into sampling mode. Render direct from SEQ to USB drive in preferred format for easy sharing.

3. Nameable markers in SEQ with a way to jump to them

4. ASIO driver. More USB audio channels if it's possible

5. And my "stretch" wish is wavetable synthesis. I think this could possibly be added to HD-1, and I would think Korg could profitably sell sound packs based on it.

6. Rewrite the user interface to use a modern finger-friendly, iPad-like design.

7. x64 OS

8. More RAM

9. a grid-style pattern editor for creating drum patterns (a la the Krome)

I would add:

10. Add dual arp engine from the Krome/Nautilus in addition to Karma

11. HDMI out or some way to have a dual/larger screen

I am sure I'll have more as I use it.

Mike
Yamaha Tyros 5
Arturia MicroFreak
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Akai Force
Roland MC-707
1010music Black Box
Zoom Arq 48
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: