Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA700 factory sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yul_2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:58 pm    Post subject: PA700 factory sounds Reply with quote

Hello! I am looking at purchasing a PA700.

In my past arranger experience, it seems that many sounds are actually the same sounds with different settings.

It this the case with PA700? I am intrigued by the quantity of sounds that are displayed but can't help wonder if all of them are individual or not.

Also, can anyone help me understand if/how much of a difference there would be with the sounds from the Krome vs the PA700? I am undecided between both.

Thanks
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: PA700 factory sounds Reply with quote

yul_2000 wrote:
Hello! I am looking at purchasing a PA700.

In my past arranger experience, it seems that many sounds are actually the same sounds with different settings.

It this the case with PA700? I am intrigued by the quantity of sounds that are displayed but can't help wonder if all of them are individual or not.

Also, can anyone help me understand if/how much of a difference there would be with the sounds from the Krome vs the PA700? I am undecided between both.

Thanks

[quote="yul_2000"]Hello!

I am interested in purchasing the PA700 but I am unable to find some details and need help please.
Whenever I can't find something this simple makes it a bit suspicious.

I would like to know what are the sounds that come with the PA700. Is there a list somewhere available? I can't seem to find it.
The youtube videos are either canned demos or geared towards middle eastern music which is not what I need.

Yes the PA700 looks very good, has nice speakers, a great interface, can load samples etc but what about the core sound?
I am looking for synth (pads, stabs, basic waveforms), orchestral, natural sounds and various drums sounds.

My previous experience with arrangers is that many sounds are actually the same sounds just with different settings.
Is this also the case with the PA700 and its 1000+ sounds?

I am also debating between this or the Krome. Considering both are EDS-X, what are the differences with the onboard sounds?
This basic question does not seem easy to answer. Do they expect people to buy a keyboard like this without these details?

Since you did post in here earlier, I was responding to that post. You will find your original post in quotes and what I replied to, based on that original post...

It is true that the PA700 (and PA1000) have the EDS-X engine. I would say that the sounds are similar. The main thing on the Krome are the pianos; they allocate more resources to the piano/ep sounds on the Krome. With that said, the PA700 has a good piano, although I opted to install the Yamaha C5 sample pack for free that is listed in other topics in this forum. I still use that Yamaha piano sound today in all of the work I do on the PA700.

I do not think that the PA700 has all of the same sounds as on the Krome, but they would be similar across the line. Since the PA700 is an arranger and not a dedicated synth like the Krome is, the PA700 has more variety in its sounds.

The nice thing about the PA700 is that you can load up different sound banks that also give you additional sounds (while using the same ROM waveforms as stock). Dopamine is an example. I have them loaded into my PA700 and I use different sounds from that bank in songs I do.

If you go to the PA700 manual you will find, starting on page 961, the multisamples used in the PA700.

There is nothing suspicious about the PA700. There are lots of YouTube videos showcasing the sounds of the PA700 that are not Indian sounds. Even Korg's demos of the unit on their webpage features most sounds that are not Indian in nature. you will find just about any sound that you want in the PA700. Many feature DNC control and that helps with the realism of the different sounds.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
yul_2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your response.

Yes I had deleted my previous post because I finally found the list in the manual (english manual is at the very bottom of the Korg page..took me a while to find it).

So I have the sounds list this is very good. I believe every multisample is distinct which is also good.

Yes some user sound banks can be derived to create new sounds I am aware and this is also great.

Thanks for explaining the differences between this and Krome.

Have a great day!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: