Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Italian Grand
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ITguy54

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject: Italian Grand Reply with quote

Anyone else think it’s time for Korg to have this sample set as standard on all Kronos models, instead of using it to sell different color schemes?
Pedja
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you are right, it's time. If we doesn't have any more update, it will be good to get new piano library for free.
My music: https://soundcloud.com/pedjak-1
http://moca.virtual.museum/autogallery2017/autogallery_kalajdzijevic/
http://moca.virtual.museum/dablog/dablog02.htm
http://moca.virtual.museum/autogallery2019/autogallery_kalajdzijevic/
https://www.saatchiart.com/PedjaK
janrhansen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fully agree. Beside the Italian paint/Piano job there is absolutely nothing new in these models, and the price they are charging for the Piano is kinda absurd.

Beside that, Its really hard sometimes to decide even you can try the 3'rd party libraries out, if they are worth the often premium price they charge if its eg. only a few good instrument samples of a given sound you need and not really need 64 variations with different mike locations and chorus/reverb settings.

Its not like its rocket science to change EQ and effect settings of a program, but of cause you can learn from existing sounds, but too many variations of often the same base multisamples can also bee to much if your just looking for that "one" Piano sound your looking for.
Docflick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Italian Grand Reply with quote

ITguy54 wrote:
Anyone else think it’s time for Korg to have this sample set as standard on all Kronos models, instead of using it to sell different color schemes?

Absolutely - especially given that it is the most playable of all of the Kronos SGX-2 pianos, IMHO.

It seems odd, after 9 years of Kronos sales and no significant OS improvements/updates in three years, that Korg is keeping some "basic" sound engine content behind a paywall – or, as you note, as simply an enticement to purchase Kronos in a new and exciting color.
Current: Kronos 61 Titanium, Yamaha Montage 6, Roland Fantom, Dexibell Vivo S7 Pro, MPC Live II; Previous: Kronos 73 SE and 2 88, Yamaha Motif 6, XF, EX5, SY77, DX7 (x2), CP33, Roland JP-50, Alesis QS8
ferares4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree, in fact, the prices for all SGX-2 are ridiculous!! Doesn't make sense for the product price that you have to pay such an amount of money for a sound library.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Italian Grand Reply with quote

Docflick wrote:
[q

It seems odd, after 9 years of Kronos sales and no significant OS improvements/updates in three years, that Korg is keeping some "basic" sound engine content behind a paywall – or, as you note, as simply an enticement to purchase Kronos in a new and exciting color.

Its odd plus Korg is doing Kronos on the cheap for the past 3 years. And MAP price has not changed.

Our top 50 most wanted topic also shows not only what Korg could do but also should do for Kronos.
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Italian Grand Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Docflick wrote:
[q

Its odd plus Korg is doing Kronos on the cheap for the past 3 years. And MAP price has not changed.

Our top 50 most wanted topic also shows not only what Korg could do but also should do for Kronos.

You are right but Kronos is still probably still the king of workstations IMO.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Italian Grand Reply with quote

benny ray wrote:
GregC wrote:
Docflick wrote:
[q

You are right but Kronos is still probably still the king of workstations IMO.

I hear you. I disagree with the priorities of the [ new ] King. Its a business thing.
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone here actually tried to put together playable multisamples from individual acoustic instrument samples?...I have, using samples I made from my old Deagan vibraphone, and I don't know how many hours I spent over a few weeks before I had usable multisamples...there are so many things for each sample that have to be tweaked before everything is balanced across a keyboard: volume, tone quality, velocity response, etc...

My Deagan samples only covered a 3-octave range, with three velocity levels, so I can imagine that it takes a long time and a lot of effort to do this over the full range of a piano, even for experienced people with the best tools (I seem to remember reading that Chick Corea had several experts working for a week sampling his favorite Rhodes electric piano - they even built a machine to strike the keys at precise velocities!)...this kind of effort is expensive, and given the limited market, the sales price to the customer has to be high to recover the costs...

df
ITguy54

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfahrner wrote:
Has anyone here actually tried to put together playable multisamples from individual acoustic instrument samples?...I have, using samples I made from my old Deagan vibraphone, and I don't know how many hours I spent over a few weeks before I had usable multisamples...there are so many things for each sample that have to be tweaked before everything is balanced across a keyboard: volume, tone quality, velocity response, etc...

My Deagan samples only covered a 3-octave range, with three velocity levels, so I can imagine that it takes a long time and a lot of effort to do this over the full range of a piano, even for experienced people with the best tools (I seem to remember reading that Chick Corea had several experts working for a week sampling his favorite Rhodes electric piano - they even built a machine to strike the keys at precise velocities!)...this kind of effort is expensive, and given the limited market, the sales price to the customer has to be high to recover the costs...

df

But...Korg has already been willing to eat the cost of the Italian for both the red and Platinum Kronos models. Those models didn’t cost one penny more than the regular model. So...if they aren’t going to move up to a Kronos 3 or drop the price of the regular model, then it’s time to add more for free. Personally I think they should lower the price and add the Italian and Berlin grands.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But above all: who really uses Berlin?
This fat clumsy Berlin that is sorely lacking in air.
No true real piano could ever be incloded in any workstation : no wood ! no air !

☀️

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg finally did a temporary MAP reduction for $500 for all Kronos models. Only thru 12/31.

my bet is a ' kronos 3 ' is 90% unlikely for 2021.

maybe ' something ' in 2022. but not in early 2021.

price reduction is long over due for this 9 year old keyboard.

Street retail was already banging down Kronos price by $300. So $500 incentive for 55 days is not a huge diff IMO. The temp MAP reduction makes holiday sale targets easier.

All retailers and co's like Korg depend on strong holiday sales.
wocongming

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject: oh dont get me started on kronos pianos.... Reply with quote

they all suck for at least 2 to 4 reasons for each one they have. most of them
have tonal AND volume unevenness in some of their registers. ugh.. you all know what im talking about! right above middle C... the F# G and Gb notes are totally out of whack in volume to the rest of the whole piano outlay. they are too LOUD. youll notice it more in band situations where you think the piano is the right volume, then when you hit those 3 notes, booom, it blows your ear out. lol there are other problems too that i just dont feel like getting into right now.
BlackForest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg really needs to offer this Italian piano for free. It sounds to me the best.

The sound of it is very nice to be heard here:

https://youtu.be/hkN1HClKZAA

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its " free" on the Nautilus Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: