Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Supernoob needing advice: headphones and studio monitors
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarlesChukowski

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I decided on a pair of Adam T7Vs. And then I came across this on my local craigslist:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/msg/d/saint-paul-active-studio-monitors/7201877419.html

My question is, is the subwoofer worth it? I'll be playing mainly in a medium sized bedroom.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarlesChukowski wrote:
I think I decided on a pair of Adam T7Vs. And then I came across this on my local craigslist:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/msg/d/saint-paul-active-studio-monitors/7201877419.html

My question is, is the subwoofer worth it? I'll be playing mainly in a medium sized bedroom.

That's a good choice. With the sub-woofer you get down to 28hz.
Anyway the seller says :
Quote:
this will only be sold as a complete package, will not separate
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that depends on the style of music you are mostly going to play. For me, I"m mainly in a rock format so a sub isn't going to be of much use and in ly tiny room I'll probably have acoustic problems. But if you are doing more of a dance style, maybe the additional bass would be good.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
I think that depends on the style of music you are mostly going to play. For me, I"m mainly in a rock format so a sub isn't going to be of much use and in ly tiny room I'll probably have acoustic problems. But if you are doing more of a dance style, maybe the additional bass would be good.

In fact it wouldn't have to depends on the music style but on the user's purpose :

- If he wants to do a production and share his music, he must have a monitor response as flat as possible and as wide as possible, whatever music style he plays. That way, the listeners will hear the same thing he had produce.
That's the reason why a studio monitors sytem is not really flattering to ears as an hi-fi system can be.

- If he doesn't intend to share his music and only have fun with his gear, it's another way. In that case, as you said, he will want to chose his speakers according to his musical preferences.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: