Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Part Number for Upgrade RAM to Kronos 2 88 key

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:42 am    Post subject: Need Part Number for Upgrade RAM to Kronos 2 88 key Reply with quote

I have already bought 2 different kind of 240 pin RAM from newegg and they still do not fit correctly in my Kronos 2 88 key.

I am very frustrated.. tried searching in this forum along searches on the Internet, and it always gives me the same RAM model number the 240 pin DDR2 PC 6400 UN BUFF

There is definitely some other RAM for the Kronos 2 88 key, but I cannot find anywhere.. if someone can assist me, since I have opened up to clean it and noticed that there was only one 2G stick. i realize I can by either a 1G or 2G stick, - likewise, it does not look like it is a 240 pin RAM when I compare the 2 I ordered already.. the installed RAM stick is shorter.

I would appreciate it if anyone can please tell me the exact correct part number I need.

Thanks,

Taki
taki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it this 204 pin DDR3 memory stick, as advertised on english amazon site?

Thanks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PHS-memory-Speicher-Kronos-1333MHz-PC3-10600S/dp/B07GDPPJSJ?th=1
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Need Part Number for Upgrade RAM to Kronos 2 88 key Reply with quote

taki wrote:
... in my Kronos 2 88 key.I

Kronos X & Kronos 2 are by factory equipped to max of Ram that OS can support !
Only 3Gb of available Ram will be used by this 32B Linux OS and 1960 Mb max of user Ram is available when all resources are un-loaded in Kronos X & Kronos 2
under latest OS.
Published Ram link is compatible though !
These are the Ram types what I had used in the past :
-KINGSTON KVR800D2N6/2G 800MHz DDR2 PC2-6400
-2GB Transcend JetRAM JM800QLU-2G - DDR2 800MHz PC2-6400 5-5-5-18

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
taki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony,

Thanks for the response...

As for the 3GB limit, I understand this...

My issue is that I ordered the 240 2G DDR2 RAM and it is too big for my Kronos 2 88key...

I found out the hard way that there is a different type RAM for the Kronos 2 88key. Unfortunately, I cannot read what type of RAM is currently there. I think it is a 204 pin since it is shorter...

So, this is why I am asking what is the correct RAM, in case it is DDR3 or something else.

So, a 240 pin, does not fit into my Kronos 2 88Key.

Thanks,

Taki
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try an email to Korg support for the exact spec
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taki wrote:
I found out the hard way that there is a different type RAM for the Kronos 2 88key. Unfortunately, I cannot read what type of RAM is currently there. I think it is a 204 pin since it is shorter...

Below is what is written on mine. If you google just the first line or excerpts of those numbers, maybe you can find an equivalent or someone who still has the exact part.

4GB 1Rx8 PC3-12800S-11-12-B3
SMD3-S4G28HA-16K
taki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks KK..

I sent e-mail to Korg support.. it has been 5 business days and no response yet..

I guess I will take a chance with your info, because at least physically I can tell it is a 204 pin.

Thanks and I will tell everyone what happens when I order this.

Thanks,

Taki
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi taki,

You're welcome. Cool You can be sure it is exactly what is written on mine because last week I completed a mod for my Kronos so I could easily see all components. Also, the RAM on my Kronos 2 was never changed so it is the original part.
taki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To All,

Finally Korg Support got back with me... this is the situation..

For the Korg Kronos 2 88 - when you open up the keyboard, it is a 204 pin RAM only in the one slot... BUT... that RAM is a 4G RAM...

My confusion occurred because I own one of the firs Krono 61 key too... I needed to upgrade that keyboard from 2GB to 4GB RAM... So, when I opened that up to upgrade years ago, the RAM stick was a 2GB stick... Thus, I ordered another 2GB RAM stick and filled both available slots... This was my confusion.. I thought the setup was similar..

But no.. the RAM that comes with the kronos 2 is a 4G RAM, thus you do not need to buy another stick...

Getting old... should have investigated this more before I assumed..

Thanks for everyone's assistance, and I hope this assists someone not to do the same thing I did.

Takis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: