Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Girls & Boys Blur - opening synth

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildebeest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject: Girls & Boys Blur - opening synth Reply with quote

Hi all. I'd like to programme the synth octave section of Girls & Boys by Blur. It opens the song and continues on through most of it. I do very little programming (never did get my head around it all) so wanted to ask, if you would opt for the step sequencer, common step sequencer, Karma, RPPR or something else to achieve this.
I'll be playing quite a few parts of the song and only have a 61, so it will be a squash to fit all the different sounds on the board. So ideally, I would run this octave jump section as a loop from a single key i.e. bottom C# to leave room for everything else.
The section runs G3>G4, C3>C4, F3>F4, Eb3>Eb4 with a finish on F#3>F#4 F3>F4. Very grateful for your thoughts on how best to approach.
wildebeest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....some of this has come back to me from a few years ago when I dabbled in this area and came up against a wall. I've arrived at the same wall!
I've now gone with SEQ to record the synth riff I'm after and have that now as a loop. All good. I've saved it to disc as an sng.
What I need now is to get that looped sequence into Track 1 of a new combi, assigned to say C#, and then add all the other instruments to complete the song.........can't find a tutorial for this Sng > Combi process which makes me think I've started in the wrong direction. The manual, as usual, heads off in specific directions I don't want to travel down when I get down to this level of detail.
Should I have gone RPPR?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: