Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More than 4 karma scenes as switches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mezzopiano

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:41 pm    Post subject: More than 4 karma scenes as switches Reply with quote

Hi

I am now somewhat familiar with the ability to use Karma scenes switches to change between sounds inside a combi. using each of the 4 karma modules to mute and unmute parts associated with specific midi channels

My question is, is it posible to use the other 4 karma switches (5 to Cool to keep changing sounds?

I am asking this because there is a patch in the NARFSounds collection (Toto - Rosanna) that uses up to 5 karma scenes, all this time i though you could use only 4

I am dissecting that combi but i dont understand how this is accomplished
timg11

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Mezzopiano, you are confusing Karma Scenes with Karma Modules.

Karma Modules are behind the mute-unmute capability. There are 4 Karma Modules, as seen by the A, B, C, D in many of the Karma screens.

There are 8 Karma Scenes, with 8 switches. The mapping between Scenes and Modules can be seen in the Karma tab "GE RTP Scenes".

Note that some of the necessity for using Karma for voice mute/unmute control was fixed with the introduction of Live Mode (global settings). Live mode makes the Mix Play Mute switches in the Timbre/Track control surface mode control MIDI rather than Audio. In some cases this addresses the needs for mute unmute in a combi.

Two significant cases where Timbre/Track control is not helpful are:

1) If you want mute unmute multiple timbres with a single button press. A single scene can control the mute of 4 timbres. In Timbre/Track mode, you must separately push a button for each timbre mute change. With Karma Scenes, they can all (up to 4) be changed with one press of a Karma Scene.

2) If you want to use realtime controls (RT) for filter and EG on the knobs, while controlling Timbre volume and mute live, you simply can not. RT knobs is only in RT/Karma mode. When the control surface is in Timbre/Track mode, the knobs are fixed to the Pan/EQ functions. IMHO these are much less useful for live performance. The RT knobs are very useful for live, but if you select RT, you lose Timbre volume and mute (except with the Karma trick limited to 4 Timbres).
timg11

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: More than 4 karma scenes as switches Reply with quote

Mezzopiano wrote:
Hi
My question is, is it posible to use the other 4 karma switches (5 to Cool to keep changing sounds?
accomplished

The answer to that question is Yes. You could set up your Karma Scenes like this:
Code:

Scene    Timbre1  Timbre2 Timbre3 Timbre4
1           X
2                   X         
3                            X
4                                    X
5           X       X
6                            X       X
7           X                X
8           X       X        X       X

So you can set up various combinations of the 4 Timbres in Scenes, and select them with a single Scene button press in RT/Karma mode.
toeti

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry this is not completely correct:

You are not changing the timbre directly. You change the midi channel.
It's possible to change more than one timbre with one switch.

But you are right with: you can change only four midi channels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: