Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos question re analog funk

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlasticLoveDoll

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos question re analog funk Reply with quote

I'm planning to get a Kronos but have also become interested lately in the Moog Subsequent 37 (or Behringer Poly D) realize it is a vastly more complex synth that does many other things, but for analog synth funk type stuff, how would the Kronos compare? I would imagine it's pretty damn good, and it's so nice to have a full length keyboard and all the assignable options: aftertouch, velocity sensitivity for filter modulation, etc. Then again, is the Sub 37 aggressive in a way that you can only get buying analog?

Thank you for any thoughts.

I am also curious, if anyone has tried or owns the Behringer Poly D, what are your thoughts? i have this sense I would miss patch memory. I'd have to recreate any patches I like every time. Do you regret not having it?
tunaman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to take a look at the documentation in the Operations and Parameter guides specific to the AL-1 engine... you will likely be amazed at the capabilities built into the Kronos in this area.
PlasticLoveDoll

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Herbie talks in this video about how they nailed the sound to his iconic bass line from Chameleon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTXDnPoyYSU

I wish there was a GC or other music store near me, in Western Mass, including Connecticut, that had a Kronos I could demo for its funk and analog sounds. One of them had a Montage but no Kronos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: