Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

quick question about saving sng files etc...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wocongming

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject: quick question about saving sng files etc... Reply with quote

Can i put all sng , ksc, and audio files for any particular song directly onto my pc via flashdrive where i can simply copy them right back onto my flashdrive then install it right back to my kronos? is it that simple? and where on my pc should i install it the easiest? thanx
rickster1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do a "save all" onto a flash drive. Make sure you format the flash drive on the Kronos first. Formatting the usb will erase any data you may already have on it.

You can also record your songs on a usb flash drive as Audio Files (sample record), & play them on your computer. This isn't the same thing as paragraph #1.

To do this you go to the Audio in/Sampling tab on your screen (in SEQ mode)
Then - "select directory file for sample to disk"
then go to DISK mode (under the SEQ button) ...lower LH corner,
where it says "drive select" - choose your USB as the destination, & create a file on the USB where you want the song to end up.

Also - on the audio/sampling tab - set the song length time to the correct length of your song. It defaults to "1 min".

When you've set all this up, record the song by pressing "sampling rec" on the far right of your Kronos, followed by "start/stop" just below it; followed by the "start" button of the SEQ. Your song should start recording.

Alternatively, when I save my sng files to a USB & plug the USB into my laptop, it won't play the song files. You would do this to create a BACKUP.

Not sure which thing you're trying to do.
wocongming

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: thanx for you time but you didnt answer my question lol... Reply with quote

i know how to do all that. i just want to know that if once save it to my computer(and where would i save it to ON my computer), and then put it back on my flash drive, then load it back to my kronos, would it THEN load correctly back? in other words , can i simply store all my stuff onto my computer simply for future use?
tunaman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short answer is yes, you can. As long as you maintain the location structure it works just fine.

For a longer and more detailed answer, here's how I manage my Kronos data:

I maintain only the most current KSC file in the root directory - it is named CURRENT_UserBank.KSC. Of course, there is also the file CURRENT.KSC along with the associated directories CURRENT and CURRENT_A. I also have my SNGs compiled into a single file named CURRENT.SNG so that I can load it on demand after startup.

I have a subdirectory named Sounds. Within the Sounds directory I have subdirectories for all of the custom WAV and samples I've created, which then contain the actual WAV, KSC, KMP and SNG files associated with each along with their respective sample directories.

I also have a subdirectory off of the root named Backups. Periodically, typically either before or after (or both) I make any major changes I will create a subdirectory within Backups named by date (i.e. 110720) and generate a Save All within that directory - this gives me a safety valve where I can go back and recover from any major screw-ups.

The rest of my root filesystem is just the stock directories - all of the above helps me keep it clean and orderly.

On one of my USB memory sticks I have a Backup and Sounds directory, which I keep sync'd with the contents from the Kronos. I also have a directory named New PCG which I use to shuttle the CURRENT.PCG file back and forth from my K2 and my PC for editing with PCG Tools.

I also have a directory on my PC hard drive named Kronos, which contains a lot of items such as the OP/PG/SG/VNL PDF files, the original copies of any source WAV files, etc. I have a Backups and Sounds sibdirectory, and I maintain identical copies of the data from the memory stick within.

At all times I have three copies of all of the crucial data, along with a fourth which resides in the second hard drive on my primary K2.

In addition to all of that, I also have a duplicate file structure on my second K2 which I use for rehearsals and gigging.

Hopefully this helps and may give you some ideas on how you can manage your data.
wocongming

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject: yes but Reply with quote

my main question was...WHere on my computer is the easiest place to store all my song stuff so i can put it back on flashdrive later? thanx
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create a folder in your C drive and call it something like Kronos Backup. You can make sub directories under that folder with specific names and dates.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
tunaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: yes but Reply with quote

wocongming wrote:
my main question was...WHere on my computer is the easiest place to store all my song stuff so i can put it back on flashdrive later? thanx

Sorry if this wasn’t clear enough for you:

Quote:
I also have a directory on my PC hard drive named Kronos, which contains a lot of items such as the OP/PG/SG/VNL PDF files, the original copies of any source WAV files, etc. I have a Backups and Sounds sibdirectory, and I maintain identical copies of the data from the memory stick within.

I’d suggest putting identical directory structures together for file management on the Kronos, the flash drive, and your PC, to make the file copy process as simple and straightforward as possible. You can then simply copy the new data to your USB media and then to your PC, and you could use a utility such as Robocopy (built in to Windoze) to copy the files from the memory stick to the PC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: