Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG KRONOS or Waiting???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
entonio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's intriguing. It could be a description of the Kronos without changing a word. The picture could be a matte plastic Kronos. It doesn't look or sound like an upgrade, but could be an up-to-date yet lite version, and the problem is that the last thing we need is a lite version, what with this market segment being fringe and whatnot.
It looks just like something that could have been put out 2 years after the original Kronos if the Kronos had been commercially struggling.
entonio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine everyone already saw this:

https://youtu.be/hJXQ179yGAM
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand with mini keys or small keybeds may be trying to hit a price point and keep the cost down not having aftertouch of velocity or release velocity but why do that to something that may replace a Kornos. I couldn't put a finger on what the problem was when I connected my rp301 Roland to my X61 Kronos to play the piano. I thought the nice piano-style keybed on the RP would translate to a nice play on the Kronos for piano but it didn't. Something was missing. I wasn't sure what the only real difference I found was the RP lacks release velocity. I will wait for a Kronos replacement that has all the keybed capabilities of the Kronos or buy a Kronos 88 in the end. Nautilus doesn't cut it in this regard. FWIW this was my first successful attempt at using midi. And the last since it was a few years ago. I am stepping back into that world now because adding one of the two newest and my existing little synths will only add to the Kronos' capabilities.
Narioso

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
I thought the nice piano-style keybed on the RP would translate to a nice play on the Kronos for piano but it didn't. Something was missing. I wasn't sure what the only real difference I found was the RP lacks release velocity.

Did you try and match key curves for velocity?
I found many times that midi recorded with one keybed, and does not translate well to all sample libraries.
entonio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of those keyboard features is what makes it clear that the Nautilus is not meant to replace the Kronos - it's more complicated for Korg to produce a keyboard without the features than just to include them by using the same design.
This can only mean that the 'crippling' is intentional, and the only possible intent has to be to make way for a different product. I even doubt it will be called Kronos because I think it will be different enough. But it will be a lot more expensive, to compensate for the effort put into it, and so it will only appear when the Kronos 2 is sold out and the used units start going for a premium.
This is speculation. If not speculating, then really nothing can be said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: