Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mixer for 2 korg Synths

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lloyder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject: Mixer for 2 korg Synths Reply with quote

have the Kross 2 and just purchased Korg Microkorg synth and what would be the best way to play both through one set of speakers .Mixer or Audio interface is my thinking but need help as to what to get under £100.
Regards
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Mixer for 2 korg Synths Reply with quote

Lloyder wrote:
have the Kross 2 and just purchased Korg Microkorg synth and what would be the best way to play both through one set of speakers .Mixer or Audio interface is my thinking but need help as to what to get under £100.
Regards

You have a couple of different options.

One obvious option is to get a small mixer and mix the keyboards that way.

Another option is to plug the other board into the Korg Kross, using the audio input, and play it through the Kross 2.

I actually do the second option with my Pa700. I have an Alesis SR-16 drum machine and a Korg M50 going into a mixer and then plug the outputs of the mixer into the Line Inputs of the Pa700. I control that input mix volume from one of the assignable knobs on the Pa700. Then the outputs on the Pa700 has the two signals (the mixer input AND the output of the Pa700).

If memory serves, the input on the Kross 2 for the audio input is a 1/8" stereo jack, so you would need a Y-cable that has 1/4" plugs on one side and the 1/8" stereo plug on the other side. Plug the 1/4" plugs into the output jacks on the other synth and plug the 1/8" plug into the Kross 2. You will have to turn the audio input 'on' in the Kross 2 and adjust the input volume, but that is pretty easy to do. It is certainly in the manual.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Lloyder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Harry I will try with the cables as you suggestedand if not great I will go for a small mixer ,any suggestions as what to get as your seem to know alot more than I do.
Kind Regards
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloyder wrote:
Thanks Harry I will try with the cables as you suggestedand if not great I will go for a small mixer ,any suggestions as what to get as your seem to know alot more than I do.
Kind Regards

I have a range of mixers from many different companies. Mackie is good and a brand that I have used for years. Behringer is the same way.

If you are not looking to add to what you have, then a smaller format mixer would be good. Mackie makes mixers from 5 channels up to large-format boards.

Maybe go for an 8-10 channel board so you have room to expand. Any of them are going to run around $100 for something like that.

Let's hope that the option of plugging one board into the other. It works well for my situation.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Lloyder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided to purchase the Mackie Mix 8 compact mixer , I would like to thank you for your help.

Regards
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloyder wrote:
I have decided to purchase the Mackie Mix 8 compact mixer , I would like to thank you for your help.

Regards

That will be a good mixer Smile

I have two of the Mix5 mixers for various things and they have never failed me. I also have a Tapco 10 channel mixer (also basically from Mackie, as they started out as the Tapco brand many years ago). I also still have the original Mackie 1202 mixer that I bought in the mid-90;s, It too still works flawlessly, even after all of these years.

Good luck Smile

Grace,
Harry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: