Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to load Piano162 sample pack?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
billsolo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:38 am    Post subject: How to load Piano162 sample pack? Reply with quote

I just purchased the piano162 sample pack from Korg on sale. How the hell do I install this pack with all the stuff I paid for? I have load samples before. But these looks different?
Don't know how to put a screen shot in of files on USB stick? I would If I could!
Some help here would be awesome. Seeing how much I paid for this pack from Korg. And of course, Korg is useless for help!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this the EXs162 Bolder Hammered Dulcimer sound library, try emailing Boulder at:

sales@boldersounds.net

Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
If this the EXs162 Bolder Hammered Dulcimer sound library, try emailing Boulder at:

sales@boldersounds.net

Yes, but he speaks about a Piano sound !! Exs 162 is a dulcimer sounds bank !!
I don't know any sound bank called "Piano162" in shop Korg.

Quite weird !
billsolo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject: Kong shop Reply with quote

I got the pianos installed. But there are other programs and combi’s , not sure how to proceed? I don’t want to screw up what I have installed.
But here is the link to the Kong shop, I only paid $166 USD for the samples. Sale is over!
https://shop.korg.com/kronos/SoundLibraries
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Liviou pointed out, EXs162 is not a piano. At the bottom of the webpage in the link you gave, there is a list of contact details for the various sound pack designers.

billsolo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject: Thanks for your input Reply with quote

Thank you all for your input on this. Still not much help. This is the SG2 pianos. I got those installed. But it’s the other stuff, combi’s and programs that is can’t get in place. I’ll figure it out eventually! Again this sample pack is called Piano162.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks for your input Reply with quote

billsolo wrote:
Thank you all for your input on this. Still not much help. This is the SG2 pianos. I got those installed. But it’s the other stuff, combi’s and programs that is can’t get in place. I’ll figure it out eventually! Again this sample pack is called Piano162.

sorry , there is confusion over the proper name.

Every 3rd party sample lib is titled EXs or KRS followed by a specific #.

As other folks pointed out the only connection to " 162" is a Bolder product
for $29

Obviously, that is not the sample lib you purchased for $166

If you can review your documentation you should be able to see a reference
to EXs or KRS. Tell us that if you want us to dig further for you.
billsolo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject: Piano samples from Korg Reply with quote

Sorry for the confusion! The sample folder says piano162. The purchase name n Korgs shop is Korg Sound Pack. Updated samples for Korg Kronos X.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Piano samples from Korg Reply with quote

billsolo wrote:
Sorry for the confusion! The sample folder says piano162. The purchase name n Korgs shop is Korg Sound Pack. Updated samples for Korg Kronos X.

OIC.

What you purchased is the "New KRONOS Sound Pack" for the current KRONOS 1 [ 9 years old] and Kronos X.

It is almost 6 years old and the term " new " can cause confusion.

This well received 6 year old Korg software product brought the above owners to the K2 sample lib spec:

Dear KRONOS user,

Korg is pleased to announce the "New KRONOS Sound Pack" for the current KRONOS users.

New KRONOS Sound Pack (normally $299, introductory price of $249)

The "New KRONOS Sound Pack" includes the following new KRONOS Sound Libraries, as featured in the new KRONOS:

• EXs17 SGX-2 Berlin D Piano
• EXs18 KORG EXs Collections
• KRS-07 Sound Pack 3.0

The ”New KRONOS Sound Pack" adds these fresh new sounds to the KRONOS and KRONOS X.

http://www.korg.com/us/news/2015/0129/
https://shop.korg.com/kronos/SoundLibraries

• EXs17 SGX-2 Berlin D Piano
Contents: Approximately 8.6GB of PCM samples, 16 Piano Types.

One of the three great pianos of the world, this legendary instrument from Berlin has been captured for the SGX‐2 sound engine. The KRONOS piano engine has always offered huge collections of non-looped/natural decay stereo samples, recorded for every key, with additional unique tools to customize the piano to your needs. Inheriting all of this SGX-1 functionality, the new enhanced SGX-2 Grand Piano engine introduces the new Berlin Grand Piano, including 12 velocity zones, Sympathetic String Resonance and newly-recorded Una Corda (soft pedal - literally "one-string")
The EXs17 Berlin Grand Piano offers resonant piano sound with striking sense of depth.

• EXs18 KORG EXs Collections
Contents: Approximately 900MB of PCM samples, 93 Multisamples (42 stereo)

EXs18 contains a selection of string, choir and brass sounds from the three KORG EXs titles listed below.
・ EXs11 Legendary Strings
・ EXs15 Classical and Ambient Choir
・ EXs16 Funk and Soul Brass

• KRS-07 Sound Pack 3.0
Contents: 256 Programs, 32 Combinations, 13 Wavesequences, 1 Set List

KRS-07 provides new Programs which use the samples from EXs17 and EXs18. Additional Song Programs are named for the classic rock and pop songs whose signature keyboard sounds these programs recreate. Use these universally well-known sounds to pay homage to the originals, or as the basis for personal sonic explorations.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't happen to be confusing this purchase with something you maybe previously downloaded? I have a free piano library entitled "Piano in 162." It's the only "162 Piano" I aware of.

https://www.purgatorycreek.com/index.php/acoustic-piano-collection/

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: