Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB Midi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yipsiotis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject: USB Midi Reply with quote

On the website of the pa700 it states that:
MIDI connection can now also be done through the USB HOST ports (in addition to the USB DEVICE and the MIDI ports). This allows for easy connection of controllers like digital pianos (for example, our HAVIAN 30), or the KORG nano and micro series, with no need of special adapters

However, I can't connect my midi keyboard to the host input and have it work.
It powers up, but doesn't work with midi, I've tried 2 different keyboards.

Anyone been successful??
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: USB Midi Reply with quote

Yipsiotis wrote:
.. It powers up, but doesn't work with midi, I've tried 2 different keyboards...

You also have to configure Midi-In / Out of Pa700, else you have no transmission if your Midi-equipment do not receive/send on same channels as Pa700 do.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Yipsiotis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply!!

Which setting are you referring to?

When I connect it with a midi cable it works good, also if I connect it through my computer. But that's using the device input instead of host..
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:38 am    Post subject: Midi-Out/-In Reply with quote

Yipsiotis wrote:
..Which setting are you referring to?..

I referred to the Global > MIDI > MIDI IN Channels page. Use the Channel pop-up menus to assign an instrument’s track to each MIDI channel you want to use for Pa700-MIDI-input.
Do the same with Global > MIDI > MIDI Out Channels for each MIDI channel you want to use for Pa700-MIDI-output.

But that settings seems not to be your problem, because if transmission is ok with 5-pin-cables also should work with USB-cables (as long as these are not defective).

It is also possible that your host (Pa700) does not recognize the connected keyboard. You can try to switch on the connected keyboard only after when the operating system of the Pa700 is already running.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: USB Midi Reply with quote

Yipsiotis wrote:
On the website of the pa700 it states that:
MIDI connection can now also be done through the USB HOST ports (in addition to the USB DEVICE and the MIDI ports). This allows for easy connection of controllers like digital pianos (for example, our HAVIAN 30), or the KORG nano and micro series, with no need of special adapters

However, I can't connect my midi keyboard to the host input and have it work.
It powers up, but doesn't work with midi, I've tried 2 different keyboards.

What are the two keyboards you've tried? It will not work with all MIDI keyboards. The MIDI keyboard you attach via USB must be class compliant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: