Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Soft Case for Kronos 88?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaston

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject: Best Soft Case for Kronos 88? Reply with quote

I've gone through two and need a new one. Any recommendations? I strap it on a two wheeler to load in and out.
Jogger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted more protection for my K2 88 so I got a hard custom Rodie from here.
While it may not be ATA flight quality, it's fine moving to gigs for me and not too heavy with wheels. Just give them dimensions you want made.

https://www.roadcases.com/keyboard-cases-by-brand-and-model/
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 73 Key version of this case:

https://kaces.com/collections/keyboard/products/xpress-series-keyboard-porter-88-key-large

They didn't originally have the 88 key version when I bought my K2-88. I bought the Gator soft case. It's absolute garbage by comparison.

I haven't been on the road much since the pandemic, obviously. If and when I'm back on the road, I'm getting one of these.

I will say that I have their regular case for my 63 key and I am NOT impressed with that one! I know you said you strap to a 2 wheeler, but I recommend getting the porter version with wheels. It's much better padded.
Gaston

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the links you guys! I agree on the gator. I had one and tore it up without too much effort. The one I'm using now is shot too. I guess this is actually a good problem to have, especially these days. 👍 ✌🏻🌍
wocongming

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Soft Case for Kronos 88? Reply with quote

Gaston wrote:
I've gone through two and need a new one. Any recommendations? I strap it on a two wheeler to load in and out.

Gator Soft case w wheels is a great relatively light weight one with some good padding.
Gaston

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I move my Kronos a LOT. And I've got a lame back to prove it! I've thought about buying another one just to limit the lifting and moving. I keep waiting for Korg to come out with a new workstation though and will buy one at the drop of a hat. Kronos is so amazing still and has really ramped up my career. Kudos to Korg for making such an incredible instrument. Here's my latest video. It came out pretty cool. Share your music if you guys want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4JvwQREaf4
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: Best Soft Case for Kronos 88? Reply with quote

wocongming wrote:
Gaston wrote:

Gator Soft case w wheels is a great relatively light weight one with some good padding.

Glad the Gator case is working for you. Mine has been total and complete crap. Aside from the fact that it's ripping and the zipper is giving out, the handle is too long which makes loading into the car a pain in the neck.
Gaston

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so like I got creative. I bought this two wheel dolly that's light, super tough, big wheels roll super easy and folds flat from amazon for about $60.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JLVYZCR/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then I got a soft case coming from Roland, should easily fit Kronos, a Roland CB-B88L for $150. The dolly will come in handy for loading everything in an out.
Jogger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason I went hard case is to protect the joysticks. Hope it works for you.
Gaston

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that's a serious consideration and good point. I'm pretty conscious of them. Recently I broke the power switch laying it on it's back instead of it's belly. I need to replace a couple of keys now, just ordered them. The hard case is just way too much for my back to handle.
tunaman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both a hard case (Anvil-style, not ATX) and a soft case. The soft case came with the last K2 73 I bought, and is pretty nice. I'll have to pull it out later and post the manufacturer (need to get ready for a rehearsal tomorrow anyway!).

I use the soft case for local trips such as rehearsals, and have the flight case for major gigs and longer trips. I attached a contoured 4" foam insert in the lid to cushion the Kronos fully, and have a cutaway (actually melt-away Smile ) for the vector joystick so that it doesn't get damaged during transport.

I can lug the K2 in the soft case, but due to the weight I use a folding dolly when it is in the hard case.
Daddy Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRO-GO KEYBOARD SERIES
Slim XL 88 Note Keyboard Gig Bag

G-PG-88SLIMXL
I use Gator's PRO-GO for my Nord Stage 3 76 HP and I'm planning on getting one for my Kronos 2 88 key. The bag I listed above I believe will fit the K2 88 if you compare the dimensions. This is the 2nd Nord I have owned and have used this bag and absolutely is built to take a s**t kicking. Not that I abuse my gear in any way but the way the bag is built and only weighs in at 9lbs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: