Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Nautilus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobTheDog wrote:
I'm always a bit confused why global aftertouch is so important to keyboard players. I fully understand why poly aftertouch would be desirable.

As global aftertouch effects everything why can't a pedal be used instead, is it because usually two feet would be needed at all times for the normal pedals?

Excuse me my ignorance as I'm a guitar player used to loads of pedals Smile

Imagine you can't bend strings while you do a solo. Not fun. Same on a keyboard when you want to do a solo. Sure, it will affect all the keys and poly AT is there for ensemble stuff. But on a keyboard you can split the keys in several sections and trigger only one section with mono AT, etc.
KorgPlayer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 1-2 important questions Reply with quote

Dan Stesco wrote:
KorgPlayer wrote:
GregC wrote:
KorgPlayer wrote:
RC-IA wrote:
KorgPlayer wrote:
KorgPlayer wrote:

1. Will I be able to load KRONOS sound banks to NAUTILUS and vice versa?

Yes, the Nautilus will be able to import the Kronos PCG sound files. That is confirmed.

Thanx for the info. what about SNG ? thanx

No info about that SNG files yet.

Please bear in mind that, at the moment, Kronos data is NOT compatible with Nautilus. It only works from Kronos (in) to Nautilus.

However, it may be something that is developed in the future. This is a first hand information.

I see a disconnect with SNG files, in that I use Karma scenes, and the GE use many instruments , esp drums.

I would be surprised if the PCG mapping or file conversion translated Karma data to the ARP data in Nautilus

The problem I see is that Kronos Karma can fire upon 4 channels, opposite to the Nautilus which runs 2 simultaneous arpeggiators.

So here we can see two different concepts clashing: GE Karma VS Arpeggiator working style.

Nautilus import the Kronos SNG file. Also PCG but is not direct compatible. Will need to adjust the Multisound, because of different position, SGX different Piano Type, different Drum Kits that should be adjust manually.

I heard a Korg representative explain that Nautilus will automatically chose the substitute in most cases when importing Kronos PCG files.
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I just checked. The SNG from Kronos play with different sounds and need to adjust manually but is not a big problem to select the sounds from category.
Regarding PCG a lot of programs could play directly other need to adjust.
KorgPlayer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Stesco wrote:
No, I just checked. The SNG from Kronos play with different sounds and need to adjust manually but is not a big problem to select the sounds from category.

I was referring to PCG files import, not to SNG ones.
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KorgPlayer wrote:
Dan Stesco wrote:

I was referring to PCG files import, not to SNG ones.

Ok, I understood and I checked. Some programs sound different due the different PCM. Is normal. I think is not a problem to adjust a bit on OSC multisample.
ITguy54

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this question has been answered already. I could not find it. Are the programs on the Kronos available on the Nautilus? The Kronos Voice Name list has quite a few programs that are interesting. I guess a better question is: Is there a program list for the Nautilus like the one that exists for the Kronos?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the KORG’s live stream yesterday, KORG will release a conversion tool that can convert KRONOS Prog and Combi data to Nautilus format. The reason a tool seems to be needed is due to the multi-sample locations in memory for Programs, and the Programs locations for Combi’s are different.

The conversion is one way, KRONOS to Nautilus.

Regards
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: