Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Data transfer from Kronos X to Kronos 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minou

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:18 am    Post subject: Data transfer from Kronos X to Kronos 2 Reply with quote

Hello,
I just received my Kronos 2 and trying to transfer my songs, set list and others from the Kronos X to the Kronos 2. As the programs are different on the K2 I was only able to transfer the midi and wave files. How can I retrieve the programs I used and my set list?
thank you
Minou
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you did not have saved a full PCG file (all boxes checked) with Kronos X that will revert all factory data of K2 to K-X architecture ,
then you have first to load at K2 , Kronos-X factory Preload.PCG that you can find in Kronos-X/SSD/Factory folder and then load
again your latest saved PCG with your custom resources.

But this way you will loose all new Kronos 2 Programs and new EXS , like Berlin piano so in my opinion find and write down important
Program references in Combinations & Set lists and re-map them after loading Kronos 2/SSD/Factory/Preload.PCG

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Sweat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you have many options, but if you are simply interested in transferring your programs/setlists, and have not yet created anything new on your Kronos 2, then just Save PCG (all banks) from KX, copy to a USB drive, and load on K2. Done.

No worries because you can always reload any K2 programs from the preload.pcg when you want.

After transferring from KX and overwriting all factory K2 programs, if you still want the additional new K2 factory programs (Berlin and others) installed as well, simply load them from K2's Preload.pcg (banks INT-A and INT-B only) into free program banks like USER-FF, USER-GG.
Minou

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, this is fine now
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: