Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Kronos? Nope...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GerardH69

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject: New Kronos? Nope... Reply with quote

Well just viewed a very disappointing stream about nautilus & Kronos. It was very short and nothing about the Kronos. All questions regarding the kronos where professional avoided.

So not even a new color this year.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Korg would do a 10th Anniversary Kronos model.

And I am not a wishful thinker.

Likely its all about the $
kronosflyby

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject: So, help me to developp my tool ? or not ... ;) Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/user/superpno74

Greetings from France

Cool

Patrice.

Try my tool :

https://kronosflyby.myweb2be.com Very Happy
ITguy54

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone hoping for a new Kronos model should look at the new Kurzweil K2700 instead.
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping for a new Kronos. Now I will wait until 2022... Rolling Eyes
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the Kurzweil K2700 is very interesting but its 16 tracks sequencer is only MIDI. Strange.

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viva la Kronos.

Die another day.
Basspig

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITguy54 wrote:
Anyone hoping for a new Kronos model should look at the new Kurzweil K2700 instead.

It's all about timing. I've been a Kurzweil user for 17 years.. K2500RS, K2600RS, PC2R/O, Expressionmate Ribbon, etc. The tech was getting long in the tooth and last January, I tried out Yamaha's flagship for a while, but just could not live with the fact that it takes 4 MIDI channels to drive a piano program, so I tried a KRONOS 2 and had them both side by side for 3 weeks. Ended up keeping KRONOS because in some important ways, it integrated better with my setup and Cakewalk Sonar, and because of the outstanding realism of the piano.

Had the K2700 been available a year ago, I'd have been seriously tempted to go with it. Brand loyalty and all that jazz. But after a year with the KRONOS, I've got some great sample libraries in it now and it makes magic happen, so I'm not feeling the need to move on to the next great thing just yet.

With WavesArt Cinematic Suite and the Vangelis Sound Pack loaded, plus my converted sample library of Michiel Post's Organ Toolkit, my KRONOS is well equipped to make a wide variety of music.
kronoskarma

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject: Just bought a new Titanium Kronos and loving it! Reply with quote

They may not have announced a new Kronos, but I pre-ordered the Nautilus and got tired of waiting for months to receive it. The videos actually de-sold me on the Nautilus (it does not sound nearly as good) and sold me on buying a Kronos instead.

Since I have a Korg Karma and M3 Expanded with a 88-key keybed, I only found the need to get a 61 key Kronos (plus I want to travel with it).

I already installed a 2TB SSD and it is now fully stocked with room for sampling and audio tracks. I plan on making a LOT of new music with it. I also look forward to recording my best friend playing bass and guitar to our songs.

I plan on asking a lot of questions since I am brand new to the Kronos world and will be buying combi packs to help me along. I'll answer questions when I can.

[If this is against the rules, tell me and I'll delete the paragraph below]

One thing that really excites me is that I have a fair number of soundfont packs that I created for virtual instruments and have already been able to load my Vocalsphere product into my Kronos with no difficulty at all. I want to make them sound amazing with MFX, TFX and IFX, as well as creating karma movement and combis for them, and I plan on doing so for all of my products (see them at www.supersynths.com). Perhaps I will release program and combi packs for Korg Kronos (and maybe M3).

Mike
Yamaha Tyros 5
Arturia MicroFreak
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Akai Force
Roland MC-707
1010music Black Box
Zoom Arq 48
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: