Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nebulablack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:10 am    Post subject: Kronos Question Reply with quote

So I’m looking into buying a used Kronos X. I noticed that the Polysix and MS-20 on the Kronos are identical visually to the ones in the Korg collection VST plugins which I own. The difference in sound from the korg collection and the newer version 2 was noticeable better immediately once I opened up and stared playing with the plugins in the V2 collection. The V2 sounds much much better in the low end and high end. It’s quite a noticeable difference my biggest complaint about the v1 was the lack of low end and high end, it sounded rather flat in the lows and rolled off in the highs (I had to add a lot of EQ especially in the high end to get them to cut through a mix). The v2 sounds perfect in every way. I now have to add very little EQ.

The algorithms used for the Polysix and MS-20 on the Korg Kronos, are they the same algorithms as the ones in the V1 or V2 Korg collection? I’m looking into buying a Kronos X to have the Polysix and MS-20 in hardware and I’m hoping it’s the same algorithms used in the V2 collection VST plugins.
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how the coders optimized the older versions of the Korg Collection plugins. I can say that the Kronos versions sounded better. I haven't tested the newer versions.
KingKronos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also keep in mind there are many ways to beef up or sweeten the sound in the Kronos. You have EQ, exciters, tube sims, bass amps, phasers, filters, mic modeling. A little bit goes a long way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: