Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question on drum paterns

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject: Question on drum paterns Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I'm putting down drum paterns using RPPR in my song. With some of them I turn the tempo down but what happens in the drum hit sound "slower". You know like when you slow down a .wav file.

Is this normal? I hope not.
KingKronos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't sound right. Pitch bend would change the drum sound, but not tempo.
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is weird. Note which program is in the track being accessed by that RPPR key. Go to program mode and recall that program. Turn on the drum track or arpeggiator and hit a key to start a default drum pattern or arpeggio assigned to that program. Change the tempo and see if that has the same effect as it does in sequencer mode with RPPR.

It could be that what you're hearing is a longer release on individual drum sounds that normally would get cut off at a faster tempo. For example hi hat open and high hat closed would be defined in the drum kit as exclusive group instruments that you wouldn't hear at the same time. So the open high hat would seem to linger at slower tempo and get cut off faster at higher tempos.

Also, for drum sounds specified as Single Trigger ON in the drum kit, when the same key (note) is played repeatedly, the previous note will be halted before the new note is begun. Again, you might be hearing a longer release on that drum sample when playing back a pattern at a slower tempo.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are very good points. I think this what's happening. I'll check it out.
Thanks!

bpoodoo wrote:
That is weird. Note which program is in the track being accessed by that RPPR key. Go to program mode and recall that program. Turn on the drum track or arpeggiator and hit a key to start a default drum pattern or arpeggio assigned to that program. Change the tempo and see if that has the same effect as it does in sequencer mode with RPPR.

It could be that what you're hearing is a longer release on individual drum sounds that normally would get cut off at a faster tempo. For example hi hat open and high hat closed would be defined in the drum kit as exclusive group instruments that you wouldn't hear at the same time. So the open high hat would seem to linger at slower tempo and get cut off faster at higher tempos.

Also, for drum sounds specified as Single Trigger ON in the drum kit, when the same key (note) is played repeatedly, the previous note will be halted before the new note is begun. Again, you might be hearing a longer release on that drum sample when playing back a pattern at a slower tempo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: