Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sample soundsets disappearing...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
omvibraphone

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject: Sample soundsets disappearing... Reply with quote

Hi all,
I already did a search on the forum, but couldnt find the answer I was looking for.
I'm trying to load a third-party soundset into my kronos ls88. All goes fine and I can play the sounds...but, it seems that samples from other already-loaded soundsets, in the meantime, disappear. If I do an auto-load the original soundsets are back, but when I load the new soundset's ksc again the old soundsets disappear again.
I guess it must be something simple, could someone advise me on this and what I am doing wrong?
Thank you!
kronoskarma

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be accidentally overwriting them. The person/company that created the samplesets may have used a particular bank and if you have items on that bank, they will be overwritten unless you have protect set to "on".

Best thing you can do, and should always do, is backup all your programs, combis and sequences before you install a 3rd party soundset.

You can do a factor reset, save everything and then load in the soundsets in question knowing they will overwrite stuff.

I know there is a tool called PCG TOOLS that I believe can allow you to move around where programs/combis are located to accomodate your system, but I could be wrong about that.
Yamaha Tyros 5
Arturia MicroFreak
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Akai Force
Roland MC-707
1010music Black Box
Zoom Arq 48
omvibraphone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. To clarify, I'm not overwriting presets when loading in the new soundset (I always use bank GG when loading a new bank) just the samples from prevously-installed soundsets seem to disappear - I get a 'samples not loaded' message. I guess this must be a different problem, right?
kronoskarma

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same thing happen to me. I imported some soundfonts and converted them to programs. I saved all and thought all was fine. Had to reboot the Kronos and they were gone. The programs were still there, but the samples were not loaded.

My guess is that a ksc needs to be created with those samples and then loaded every time with the keyboard on boot.

Mike
Yamaha Tyros 5
Arturia MicroFreak
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Akai Force
Roland MC-707
1010music Black Box
Zoom Arq 48
omvibraphone

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input, Mike, it's appreciated, but I think there already is a ksc there with all the samples in, so I'm not sure your suggestion will make a difference (although I will look into it). I've had this problem before with other sound packs, so I think it is more likely that the problem is my user error when loading the files. Do you (or anyone else) have any other suggestions or recommendations?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Sample soundsets disappearing... Reply with quote

omvibraphone wrote:
... but when I load the new soundset's ksc again the old soundsets disappear again.
I guess it must be something simple, could someone advise me on this and what I am doing wrong?
Thank you!

When you manually load a KSC file there are 2 option boxes you have to check :
Clear all : That will unloads all other loaded samples and will load only current KSC contents.
Append : That will load current samples in addition with existing already loaded by Pre-load mode.

Use the second option in your case , but its always better instead to use this KSC file in preload mode where append mode is the default.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
omvibraphone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Antony, I tried it just now and it seems to be working. Will come back if any further problems. Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: