Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I finally pulled the trigger and bought a Kronos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKronos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nebulablack wrote:

That’s an audio interface it’s going to have very little midi implementation. The midi I/O it does have is really more for controlling external gear like a hardware mixer controller or external hardware effects processors.

If you want midi I/O for your synths the Midi Express or the Midi Express XT are what you want. Each has 8 midi I/O. I bought the 128 because I don’t need smpte or MMC for syncing up external devices like tape.

I'm set with my iConnectivity mio4. It's usb bus powered directly off the Kronos, and the cabling and routing to the other keys in my rig are already done as well. And it also has midi over ethernet, which talks to a second iConnectivy MIDI 4+ in the other half of my studio.

I think the 828es probably has usb midi. In that case it should be easy enough to get everything talking to each other through the computer when I eventually start working in there. At the very least I can use the in/out DIN pair and connect those to my mio4 to tie everything together. I was simply hoping that a separate 16 channels are available over usb midi versus din midi. No biggie.
aellison62

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for the info on the MOTU interface. I don’t think that will work for me since I want to record audio from my external keyboards/ synths into my DAW, not just MIDI
Nebulablack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingKronos wrote:
Nebulablack wrote:

That’s an audio interface it’s going to have very little midi implementation. The midi I/O it does have is really more for controlling external gear like a hardware mixer controller or external hardware effects processors.

If you want midi I/O for your synths the Midi Express or the Midi Express XT are what you want. Each has 8 midi I/O. I bought the 128 because I don’t need smpte or MMC for syncing up external devices like tape.

I'm set with my iConnectivity mio4. It's usb bus powered directly off the Kronos, and the cabling and routing to the other keys in my rig are already done as well. And it also has midi over ethernet, which talks to a second iConnectivy MIDI 4+ in the other half of my studio.

I think the 828es probably has usb midi. In that case it should be easy enough to get everything talking to each other through the computer when I eventually start working in there. At the very least I can use the in/out DIN pair and connect those to my mio4 to tie everything together. I was simply hoping that a separate 16 channels are available over usb midi versus din midi. No biggie.

No I think it’s just din. I don’t think there is a second USB over midi.
Nebulablack

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingKronos wrote:
Nebulablack wrote:

I just realized. Did you mean the way the motu midi interface connects to the PC? It connects to the PC through USB. It’s 8 midi ports are din. So you can have 16 channels on each port. The way I use mine is I connect 1 synth to each port. For things like my Kronos, Jupiter X, Forte 7, and Deepmind 12 I just use their USB ports and built in midi interface. The timing is much much better, I would almost perfect timing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: