Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Simple MIDI question.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete Coleman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject: Simple MIDI question. Reply with quote

Hello all,
All I am wanting to do is play "part 16" of any "Combination" from an external MIDI controller keyboard and nothing else.
I have the controller transmit set to channel 16 and the Kronos global midi channel is also set to be 16.
Now this does work but it also plays combination parts 1 & 2 as well as part 16.
How can I set it up to just play part 16?
It must be simple but I'm pulling my hair out (what's left of it). It must be a Kronos setting as it does exactly the same exact thing with an entirely different MIDI controller keyboard too!

You wonderful guys and girls have rescued me before, I hope you can do it again!
Cheers,
Pete.
tunaman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I’m not mistaken, you shouldn’t have to set the Global channel to 16 - timbre/part 16 should already be configured to transmit on channel 16, no?

By setting the Gch to 16 it will also play the channels set to 1Gch? That doesn’t necessarily explain why “part 2” would also play, unless it was configured to use 1Gch also.

I’m sure someone more familiar will be along to explain it, but I figured I’d offer up my thoughts.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I am not in front of my Kronos at the moment.
But I think you could take a look into the Karma sections
And particularly maybe, you could reduce tis zones.

I remember that I had once this kind of problem.
I have never had to change the global channel other than to 1

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As already was said - do not set Global Channel to 16, Global channel is for midi that you play with Kronos own keys, also for Kronos midi control messages.
Just set timbre 16 to midi channel 16 and transmit external keyboard signal on midi ch 16.
As simple as that Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: