Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smooth Sound Transitions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
declanlandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject: Smooth Sound Transitions Reply with quote

Hi I've just purchased a new Korg Kronos and I'm trying to understand the Smooth Sound Transitions function . In the manual it says things like effects such as delay are carried over from sound to sound, they don't cut off when you select a new sound. Excuse my ignorance but why would you want this ? Surely effects for some sounds you don't want on others? I also was playing the grand piano and I switched to a combi by mistake that seemed to have changes in volumes, then when I switched back to the piano the volume on the piano started to fluctuate , which obviously I didn't want, did this happen too because of SST ? I turned off and reloaded my Kronos and the paino volume seems to have resolved itself but I'm wondering can anyone explain SST To me a little more ? Thanks
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without SST, every single time you would switch from any program/combi/setlist to another program/combi/setlist, sound would suddenly stop/cut to the other, which gives an extremely unnatural transition.
declanlandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense thank you very much
KingKronos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SST feature is something us live players really like. You can be holding the last chord of a song, and then use the Set List to go to the next song or combi live on stage. The last chord will keep ringing out, effects and all, but as soon as the drummer clicks everyone in for the next song you're ready to go... smooth sound transition.
declanlandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant thanks very much
Purgatory

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SST is probably one of the best features on the Kronos and makes the whole playing experience so much better than before where anytime you change sounds or a combi it would just stop playing and sound so horrible, something keyboards in the past would annoy me so much about that I would sequence everything to stop that happening and have only one track I would play live on and make sound changes on while the sequence was running and playing other sounds to stop that sudden no sound annoyance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: