Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrading SSD and memory using Korg UK

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter1960

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject: Upgrading SSD and memory using Korg UK Reply with quote

I own a Kronos 88 key model which I purchased in 2013. All of the banks are now full of programs.

I recently attempted to sample some of my software synths to save as programs and had difficulty due to the amount of memory available. I have therefore decided it is time to upgrade my Kronos, by installing a second SSD and increased memory.

I have noted various users on this forum who have done such upgrades themselves; however, I don’t want to try it myself. Instead, I am intending to ask Korg UK to carry out the upgrade.

I have a few queries, the first of which is aimed at UK based forum users :

1. I could send my Kronos to Korg UK in Milton Keynes and ask them to carry out the work; however, due to the cost, potential damage in transit and inconvenience of not having it for a number of days, I am considering driving to Korg UK with the Kronos and asking them to carry out the work the same day.

Have any UK users done this ? Obviously I will need to book a specific date to take the Kronos in for the upgrade, rather than just turning up unannounced; however, if I book a timeslot in advance, can I turn up at their HQ at the specified time, leave the instrument with them and then collect it, say, a couple of hours later ? Will they allow me to do this ?

2. As mentioned, all my current banks are full. If I go into program mode and select a bank (INT A-F, USER A-G and USER AA-GG) all the slots are filled.

If I install a second SSD, how will I be able to see the banks and slots on this drive, so that I can save programs to those slots and banks, as opposed to my current banks ?

3. Is there a maximum amount of memory that can be added to the Kronos ? I want to be able to add samples of some software synths from my collection to allow me to be able to use them live, so what is the maximum (or recommended maximum) memory that I can install ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: