Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RE: KRONOS Sound Libraries - Special 2021 Summer Sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fraserhutch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:47 am    Post subject: RE: KRONOS Sound Libraries - Special 2021 Summer Sale Reply with quote

Anyone here who got this email from Korg actually able to access the web page for the sale? I get the message

KORG
Page could not found.
This is a possibility that the page you have attempted to access does not exist or browsing is not allowed.

Odd way to advertise your sale Smile
fomalhaut

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its working for me with the usual unacceptable loading times. Are they running their site on a 386SX or what?

Oh well, time to decide on that Italian Piano again...
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray. Thanks Korg.
I paid the high price for Korg triton software a while back when i really wanted triton extreme software.
Today i see Triton extreme released in a new bundle deal advertised on youtube, so i go to my korg ID page and find that triton extreme was added to my previous korg triton extreme purchase.
No extra charge.

Triton Extreme was where i first got into owning korg workstations and it really rocked my world into new dimensions.
Then i moved up into Kronos but so happy i can now have Triton extreme accompany me or use while my Kronos is in storage to expensive to ship so far over seas.
Korg took the effort to automatically add it to the triton software i had already purchased.
Downloading now.
soarsco

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it was slow but did get in. Picked up a couple libraries ( I was waiting for a sale like this ).
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason for the slow website is the sheer download volume involved. It took 3 minutes at 60Mbps, equating to over 1GB of network data. It does get cached, so reloading the page is quite a bit quicker.

Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The website is slow, but I downloaded about 20 libraries to demo, a couple of weeks ago. I would play one on the Kronos, while another was downloading. I right clicked on the download link and opened it in a separate tab, each time.
fomalhaut

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The reason for the slow website is the sheer download volume involved. It took 3 minutes at 60Mbps, equating to over 1GB of network data. It does get cached, so reloading the page is quite a bit quicker.

Chrome Web Inspector informed that the website transmits around 126MB for that time just loading shop.korg.com/kronosoundlibraries! Images are not optimized and weight around 500kb each one, not using a CDN... i'ts like amateur work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: