Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with muting audio tracks/automation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blazerunner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject: Problem with muting audio tracks/automation Reply with quote

Hello,

Making more songs on the Kronos. I've run into a problem with the automation. This time it's with automation on the audio tracks.

I have 16 tracks recorded. I like using the automation feature to mute parts of the track.

When you hit record you can't mute the track you're actively recording on directly (because the red REC heading takes over and you can't activate the mute function) but if I set the automation record only and recording on another track I then have access to mute or on mute the automation on the track I actually want to adjust.

If I want to mute and unmute Track 14 at certain parts. I can't record my automation directly to track 14... I have to use an empty track say track 12 and then when I'm recording as "automation only" on track 12 I can mute and unmute track 14. When I play back all my adjustments will be heard on track 14 and track 12 will be untouched.

Or so that's how I've been doing it unless there's another way.

Today I'm trying to do some adjustments to my song using the same method and the mute and unmute automatons aren't taking effect. I'll execute them while recording the song but on playback nothing changes like rehearsal is on but it isn't.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong but even when I look at the audio event editor it doesn't even show where I'm muting and un-muting the track (unless I'm looking at that page wrong which I might I admit I'm kind of dumb).

So here I am at a stump again. I though about resampling the part I wanted into the Kronos live sampling thing. Delete the audio track altogether and save the new sample to the Kronos as a new sound and record it back in as a midi track but that seems excessive (I actually did that last time I got frustrated).

I want to know what I'm doing wrong and how to fix this if anyone can be so kind to shed some light in.

As always Thanks for all help!
Very Happy
blazerunner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after fooling around with this keyboard all day it seems like only Midi automation works but my audio automation does not.

Any ideas as to what is causing this?
Geoff Flynn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg Oasys 76, Korg Kronos 2 61, Korg Wavestation EX, Roland Jupiter X, 2 x Roland A800 Pro, Yamaha SY77, MacBook Pro Retina 15-inch Core i7 2.7GHz 16GB / 768GB, MainStage 3, Cymatic uTrack24, Samson S Patch, U-PHORIA UMC404HD Audio interface, Yamaha MG16XU mixer

Last edited by Geoff Flynn on Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
blazerunner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there fellow Kronoser Smile

I tried to attempt getting the automation to work that way but still the same issue. I don't know what's up with my keyboard. I realize this isn't the first time I've ran into this issue when trying to record automation with the audio tracks. Midi works fine but the audio side isn't functioning with that feature. I don't know what's going on. I'm using the same settings I used to operate automation in Midi but it doesn't take with Audio.

Unless there's some rule that you can only mute tracks in midi or audio and not both formats in the same sequence.

I ended up doing what I said I'd do earlier. I just sample my section into the keyboard and took it from the audio side to the midi side.

This is crazy problem I've been having and no clue on what's causing it Crying or Very sad but thanks for all help.
Geoff Flynn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg Oasys 76, Korg Kronos 2 61, Korg Wavestation EX, Roland Jupiter X, 2 x Roland A800 Pro, Yamaha SY77, MacBook Pro Retina 15-inch Core i7 2.7GHz 16GB / 768GB, MainStage 3, Cymatic uTrack24, Samson S Patch, U-PHORIA UMC404HD Audio interface, Yamaha MG16XU mixer

Last edited by Geoff Flynn on Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
blazerunner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I fumbled with it some more. What I've found out is that if I am recording a "Midi track" I can adjust the automation on the "Audio Tracks" section.

But if I'm recording an Audio Track I can't adjust automation on any Audio Tracks.

So as long as I'm using a Midi track to record automation on it seems to be able to allow me to mute or adjust my audio tracks parameters.

If that's the way Korg intended it ... than it's odd that the same recording setup page has the same accessible features for Midi and Audio and nothing is greyed out.

If I couldn't do automation into an audio track while recording audio shouldn't the recording parameter screen be greyed out for Automation options? Instead it lets you set it up and record per usual only to not actually record anything.

I'm confused but at least I got my track done.
wocongming

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with muting audio tracks/automation Reply with quote

blazerunner wrote:
Hello,

Making more songs on the Kronos. I've run into a problem with the automation. This time it's with automation on the audio tracks.

I have 16 tracks recorded. I like using the automation feature to mute parts of the track.

When you hit record you can't mute the track you're actively recording on directly (because the red REC heading takes over and you can't activate the mute function) but if I set the automation record only and recording on another track I then have access to mute or on mute the automation on the track I actually want to adjust.

If I want to mute and unmute Track 14 at certain parts. I can't record my automation directly to track 14... I have to use an empty track say track 12 and then when I'm recording as "automation only" on track 12 I can mute and unmute track 14. When I play back all my adjustments will be heard on track 14 and track 12 will be untouched.

Today I'm trying to do some adjustments to my song using the same method and the mute and unmute automatons aren't taking effect. I'll execute them while recording the song but on playback nothing changes like rehearsal is on but it isn't.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong but even when I look at the audio event editor it doesn't even show where I'm muting and un-muting the track (unless I'm looking at that page wrong which I might I admit I'm kind of dumb).

So here I am at a stump again. I though about resampling the part I wanted into the Kronos live sampling thing. Delete the audio track altogether and save the new sample to the Kronos as a new sound and record it back in as a midi track but that seems excessive (I actually did that last time I got frustrated).

I want to know what I'm doing wrong and how to fix this if anyone can be so kind to shed some light in.

Very Happy

heres the answer. and im quite the expert. for mute and solo functions, the only way to do it is, select ANY midi track(make sure the midi record setup is set to overdub so you dont accidently record over that track), the audio record can be either set to audio input OR audio input and automation ONLY ...it DOESNT matter. then start recording and hit the mute or solo functions as needed to be recorded. however, theres no where in the fkn world where you can find where youve recorded that. its NOT in automation edit. i looked everywhere. so once its recorded, and you dont need to hit compare to redo it. then i dont know how to change what you recorded in the future. thats weird. hope that helps.
wocongming

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with muting audio tracks/automation Reply with quote

blazerunner wrote:
Hello,

Very Happy

heres the answer. and im quite the expert. for mute and solo functions, the only way to do it is, select ANY midi track(make sure the midi record setup is set to overdub so you dont accidently record over that track), the audio record can be either set to audio input OR audio input and automation ONLY ...it DOESNT matter. then start recording and hit the mute or solo functions as needed to be recorded. however, theres no where in the fkn world where you can find where youve recorded that. its NOT in automation edit. i looked everywhere. so once its recorded, and you dont need to hit compare to redo it. then i dont know how to change what you recorded in the future. thats weird. hope that helps. i guess the only way to change it in the future is to rerecord something on the track.
blazerunner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello wocongming,

Thanks for adding in your solution. I ended up discovering this when I pulled my hair out all Sunday. I'm glad someone else could confirm it. I think I said it in an old posts but the audio side of the sequencer really feels like an afterthought from Korg. I'm glad that you can record audio tracks but some of the features could have used some "re-polishing/thinking" or at least a solid update to make it easier.

Don't want to sound like a whiner but I thumbed all up and down the manual and did find anything about this??? Did they forget to explain it or did I just not find it?

Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: