Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

loading pcg and set lists

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leetheedge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject: loading pcg and set lists Reply with quote

hi guys i have korg kronos x 61 keys.if i bought a korg kronos 2 would i be able to load all my combies programmes and set lists into the kronos 2 from kronos x from my usb stick.would this work or would i have to build all my sounds from scratch again.cheers in advance
tunaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite enough detail, so the answer is “it depends”.

Post up as much detail as to what content you want to transfer, and you’ll get great guidance here.

In short, I suspect PCG Tools would likely be a huge help for you, but until I understand your objective better I can’t be any more specific.
leetheedge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply.sorry ill try to explain a little better.

so basically im in a band and have all my set lists sorted out and my combis which ive made.i save PCG to the kronos x hard drive and also onto usb stick.

if my kronos x was to brake down and i couldnt get another one but i could only get a kronos 2 would i be able to load my PCG from my usb into the kronos 2.therefore have all my combis and set lists onto the kronos 2.
cheers..
tunaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That helps, thanks. Yes, that is the beauty of the Kronos file management. I’ve done that in essence with my second K2 - the contents on the first are mirrored on the second.

Now bear in mind that there are caveats and idiosyncrasies to take into account - here are some generalities to consider:

1. The installed samples need to be identical - libraries and user samples need to be in place;

2. Not all Global settings are copied/restored (for some inexplicable and frustrating reason); in particular, the KSC auto-load configuration does not get replicated and must be manually set;

3. One must be sure that the existing content is to be overwritten;

4. One would be wise to backup often and maintain dated versions of PCG files for easy reference (especially when having to go back to a previous point in time… I think Space Girl can attest to that, unfortunately);

Now - specific to the scenario of the Kronos X to K2 platform, I’d have to compare the VNL from an X, as I have never looked at it. I’m sure someone here is familiar with both and can likely chime in, but a quick Internet search takes me to a thread here indicating that there are few differences, aside from the K2 having some additional voices/samples. That would infer that your X Combi’s *should* map over just fine.

I’m sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Save often, save everywhere Smile I have copies on my secondary hard drive, my USB sticks (2), my laptop, and my desktop computer.
leetheedge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks very much for the amazing detailed reply.much appreciated.cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: