Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dialing in my Rhodes sound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trancedelicbluesman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:30 am    Post subject: Dialing in my Rhodes sound Reply with quote

One of the best things about Kronos, I think, is the ep1 engine.

Now, my benchmark for a satisfying Rhodes sound (at least to play solo) is Stephen Halpern's tone from his early albums like Crystal Suite.

Halpern did use a suitcase model, and while I have found it mildly annoying that Korg haven't (yet) ported over to Kronos the suitcase Rhodes from the Nautilus, there are some very nice suitcase samples in the hd1 engine that are quite satisfying in their own right. Using those sounds as a basis for comparison, and using the Mark 5 ep1 model with the red compressor engaged and the bass slider all the way to the right, and most importantly setting the low mid parametric eq gain to 250 and raising it a bit (+ 3db) I came up with a tone that is certainly close enough for jazz--er, new age, that is.

Of course if there are more instruments in the mix than just EP and a little sampled choir which is the case on Halpern's early recordings, one would need to move that virtual bass slider to the left; but I do like the full bass you can get; there's a reason the Doors used piano bass instead of bass guitar--but I digress....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: