Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi Processing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb1966

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject: Midi Processing Reply with quote

Hi!

I own same Native Instruments controllers and wonder if it is possible to use the Kronos for Midi processing?
For example: In case I receive a certain controller message on a certain channel I want to fire a sequence of Midi Events (SysEx) to the Kronos itself. This would allow me for example to Switch from a Program Mode to Combi Mode by pushing a pad on the Midi controller and much more.

Any way to achieve something like this?

Thanks in advance

Jens
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please explain bit more:
- What NI controllers you use?
- What do you mean by "In case I receive a certain controller message on a certain channel"
- Who is this "I" receiving message
- What do you mean by "certain contoller message"? Midi CC message? Or message that is sent by some external MIDI controller?

Generally saying - in case you want to convert specific MIDI CC messages (coming from somewhere) to specific SysEX messages (for Kronos) you need some computing device that does such conversion - either tablet or computer with some more generic software or some custom module built on Raspberry, Arduino etc.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the Kronos doesn't offer such a feature, but if you mainly use it in a studio you can of course achieve what you mention with a MIDI mapper program, same if you gig and bring a laptop with your gear, etc. I personally use the MIDI-OX freeware for such things.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no simple solution for this. Rick Wakeman uses a custom Sycologic M16 controller to alter the Programs / Patches on the multiple instruments in his keyboard rig at the same time.

The MIDI Solutions F8 can be used to generate, amongst other things Control Change messages, or SysEx messages, in response to 8 different contact closures i.e. up to 8 different triggering events are possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: