Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top 50 Most Wanted Enhancements for Kronos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
randwing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The screen is fine here, and reading glasses can help with the small screen size, if necessary. It is a bit of a compromise, perhaps. Having a larger cutout, in what is effectively the chassis, to accommodate a bigger screen, would tend to weaken the top extrusion to the point where the Kronos would snap in the middle with even moderately rough handling. The Kronos Editor offers a route to using a mouse and qwerty/azerty keyboard.

Thanks for the response. Reading glasses! Why didn't I think of that! Smile I do use glasses, an occupational lens specially made for my music work. Reading the screen is not the problem, it is looking down for long periods when doing sound programming that sometimes causes problems for my neck. The screen sometimes shows a lot of information.

I found the Kronos Editor to be out of date, buggy, and it interfered with my DAW's.

I agree the bigger screen is not a good idea. But a HDMI output opens up other options. It could have 2 modes: The touchscreen could either be kept the same with the HDMI screen mirroring it; or the touchscreen could be become a dedicated touch controller with the HDMI screen displaying more information whilst the touch controls could be bigger. (Some of the touchscreen controls are very small and require several attempts to select them.)

I like operating the Kronos in standalone mode, but we are all used to using larger screens with our computers. The editor can be slow to sync and can run into compatibility problems. A HDMI output would be a significant improvement, in my opinion.

Perhaps it could have a an option to work with a USB to HDMI cable/converter? This would mean no hardware changes, just some additional internal drivers.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

randwing wrote:
voip wrote:
Having a larger cutout, in what is effectively the chassis, to accommodate a bigger screen, would tend to weaken the top extrusion to the point where the Kronos would snap in the middle with even moderately rough handling.

Perhaps it could have a an option to work with a USB to HDMI cable/converter? This would mean no hardware changes, just some additional internal drivers.

FWIW, when I designed an adjustable angle screen mod for my Kronos, one of my conditional tests even before I went ahead with the work was to make sure the structural integrity would not be compromised. The test succeeded because as opposed to earlier models, there are additional metal plates inside any K2 which solidify its assembly even more.

Also, USB to HDMI can't work (I'll spare you the technical details). So to get rid of my head/neck/back aches, I didn't wait for a miracle and simply designed a solution. I now keep the screen at angle at all times, except when I move the synth or gig standing up, in which case the screen goes back into original position like any other K2.
steveyoung29

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akai have just released an amazing firmware update for their MPC One/Live range. Well done to Akai, it has really invigorate their product(s). I really wish Korg could be as supportive towards their customers and products.

Steve
Space Girl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only purchased my first Kronos 2 last year and love it so much but would still like it to be better.

Personally I think the screen is a good size, reading glasses certainly do help to see it. Having a slightly tilted screen might help more for live situations for sure but think a fixed tilt on screen maybe less problematic or one less thing to go wrong in future.

LOADS MORE USER SOUND BANK ROOM & MORE RAM IS REALLY NEEDED!

Functions on Fantom look easier or maybe look faster for playing live, however I have not yet had chance to try one out and would like to see the differences.

I agree Pads would be good too.

An updated Kronos Librarian is needed as it clearly has issues.

Keys should be high quality not cheap plasticky ones like the Wavestate which has awful keys. My Rev2 keys are still the best quality & the real deal. I wasn't happy with the Kronos keys when I got it, but have got used to them now.

I hope that KORG Don't discontinue Kronos and they make a new improved version soon.
entonio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They most certainly won't make an improved version, the architecture is too old for that. They may make a new flagship with backwards compatibility, but even that isn't a given.
They could do a new flagship with a new architecture and keep the UX, but the Kronos UX is as dated as the architecture.
If the Nautilus had aftertouch, I'd fear there would be no new flagship at all. But, as it is, I think the most likely option is that there is a significantly different thing coming up. I don't think it will be on the market before 2023, though.
I suspect our list of desired features in this thread will be of absolutely no import on any new product. If things in this list come to be, it will almost certainly be coincidence.
randwing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:

Also, USB to HDMI can't work (I'll spare you the technical details).

It works on a Windows PC, and Kronos has a Linux kernel, so it should be possible.
Davegraham193

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject: Kronos enhancements Reply with quote

I think it would be great to be able to switch the MIDI thru to be an isolated, separate assignable output.
The PAx1 arranger had 2 separate MIDI ins and outs.

The assignable EXT & EXT1 in the sequencer of the Kronos are still going through the same pipe, and MIDI info is bleeding through.
E.G. my ADJ Operator lighting controller, although set to receive only ch 14, responds to chs 15 & 16 and flakes out of control. Track (ch) 14 is set to EXT, and tracks (chs) 15&16 are set to EXT1.
I'm sure its just basic MIDI circuitry in the lighting controller as it works fine with a dedicated line.

BTW, I like that my keyboard is named after a Klingon Flagship...
Davegraham193

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject: Kronos enhancements Reply with quote

I think it would be great to be able to switch the MIDI thru to be an isolated, separate assignable output.
The PAx1 arranger had 2 separate MIDI ins and outs.

The assignable EXT & EXT1 in the sequencer of the Kronos are still going through the same pipe, and MIDI info is bleeding through.
E.G. my ADJ Operator lighting controller, although set to receive only ch 14, responds to chs 15 & 16 and flakes out of control. Track (ch) 14 is set to EXT, and tracks (chs) 15&16 are set to EXT1.
I'm sure its just basic MIDI circuitry in the lighting controller as it works fine with a dedicated line.

BTW, I like that my keyboard is named after a Klingon Flagship...
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos enhancements Reply with quote

Davegraham193 wrote:

That would violate the MIDI standard of MIDI thru - an exact retransmit of what's on MIDI in. MIDI thru may even be hard-wired, not controlled by software at all.
jimiki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
PatrickD wrote:
Dear KORG Boss Guys:
What I want is A KRONOS RACK Very Happy

yes, with a 9 inch touch screen like my iPad Wink

and under $500

and for free to all registered Kronos / Korg customers Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Brick wall
jimiki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
PatrickD wrote:
Dear KORG Boss Guys:

and under $500

and for free to all registered Kronos / Korg customers Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Brick wall
jimiki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
PatrickD wrote:
Dear KORG Boss Guys:

and under $500

and for free to all registered Kronos / Korg customers Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
blazerunner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love for you to be able to audition IFX effects while being able to scroll through the track. There are parts I want to add effects to but I have to constantly go back to the mixer page and then back into IFX to get to the point in the song where I want to audition effects. It's pretty annoying. If there was a clock on the IFX page so I could scroll the song that would be perfect... actually this sounds like something simple Korg could have updated long about but I guess they have other things to do... *shrug.
jimiki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer am upgrade pack installable by auth dealers having tech's

1. Motherboard with more facilities, a thunderbolt port, external display option
2. ability to plugin more HDD (SSD) and RAM (32 GB)
3. OS to handle this
wocongming

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:00 pm    Post subject: as far as the piano sounds Reply with quote

IMO they suck. they first need to be sampled in a way where certain notes arent way louder than the others...like the G above middle C for instance.
also some bass notes are way thinner and tinnier than the rest. aweful sampling on them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: