Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connect Korg pa1000 and Kontakt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
harshajayman2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject: Connect Korg pa1000 and Kontakt Reply with quote

Hi
Could somebody please let me know how to connect pa1000 and Kontakt so I can play Kontakt instruments with my korg.

Many thanks
Harsha
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Connect Korg pa1000 and Kontakt Reply with quote

harshajayman2 wrote:
.. know how to connect pa1000 and Kontakt so I can play Kontakt instruments with my korg ...

Activate MIDI device of Kontakt - open Midi tab, choose Input and all input devices recognized by the system will be displayed.
Click to status indicator for your Midi device and select Kontakts Midi port to which you want to assigs your Midi device.

When you load a KONTAKT instrument into the rack, KONTAKT automatically assigns a MIDI port and channel to the instrument. The corresponding values are displayed under Midi Ch in the overview of the instrument. If several instruments are loaded into the rack, KONTAKT automatically assigns each instrument the next free MIDI channel. If you want to change this assignment, click on the Midi Ch selection menu in the overview of the instrument and select the desired MIDI port and MIDI channel for the instrument.
If you select the omni as the MIDI channel, the instrument reacts to all incoming MIDI data, regardless of the MIDI port and channel it is received on.
Activate Midi device of Pa1000:
Go to the Track Control > Mode page and use the External parameter to connect the corresponding part track to External or Both.
Use corresponding track for Midi Out and select same channel for Midi Out you are using as Midi In channel of Kontakt.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
harshajayman2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject: Connect Korg pa1000 and Kontakt Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your quick respond, really hepful
Bill1983

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Connect Korg pa1000 and Kontakt Reply with quote

harshajayman2 wrote:
Hi
Could somebody please let me know how to connect pa1000 and Kontakt so I can play Kontakt instruments with my korg.

Many thanks
Harsha

I've taken this ONE BIG STEP Further. Instead of just using Kontakt I use Ableton Live. Ableton Live supports MIDI Clock Sync so I'm able to use any plugin, on any MIDI Channel. This works incredibly well and delivers the most realistic instruments, in Real-Time, you can imagine.

Since plugings like Electric Sunburst have chord recognition as well you have access to a vast library without having to create new styles or samples.
PA4x, PA500, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2, Sonar Platinum, Ableton Live 10 Standard, NI Komplete12 Ultimate, EWQL Libraries, Nektar Impact LX88, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen2, Studiologic MP-117 Pedalboard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: