Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connection Error - Error 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarineGuy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:57 pm    Post subject: Connection Error - Error 4 Reply with quote

I like many others have been struggling to get my Wavestate connected to my PC without luck. I finally got the RNDIS and NCM drivers installed, and instead of a eternal "Waiting for device..." message, I now get "Connection Error" dialog box that pops up stating:

-------------------------------------------------
Unable to connect to the device

Korgwavestate1.local. responded with: 'Error 4'"

-------------------------------------------------

I am still on 1.04 firmware on my Wavestate and have pasted my Windows/PC info below.

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎3/‎12/‎2021
OS build 19043.1202
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

Device name LEHMAN
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB

Thank you![/img]
drdave2002

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject: been there, done that.... Reply with quote

sorry buddy but I still have no answer on this, I've just posted a question to bypass the editor in order to save my randoms (quite a few at this stage) so if you hear of anything, gimme a push please.
Korg Kronos 61, M3-73, Karma (all-time classic), X5, Wavestate, Roland Juno Gi, JV, D110, Arturia Microfreak, Modal Skulpt, IK Uno. Nanopad2, M-Audio Venom, Deepmind 12D, Crave, TB3, Maschine Mk3, Moog Werkstat and a few other bits
lys_knight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the very same issue with MODWAVE / WAVESTATE and OPSIX Sad
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange that some have problems and that it works for others.
I'm running Windows 10 Pro 21H1, 10.0.19403.1320 and I never had problems.

Since it is network communication over USB...

Any difference concerning Anti virus / Anti malware / Firewalls?
iPad, Roland-D05, Elekrtron Digitakt, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak
A lot of cumputer stuff!
lys_knight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetwater tech went thru it all remotely and will be contacting Korg. No issues ever with my other synths such as Moog, Roland, ASM etc etc. Korg software is the worst in the universe and not being able to have support directly from them makes it even worse.
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lys_knight wrote:
Sweetwater tech went thru it all remotely and will be contacting Korg. No issues ever with my other synths such as Moog, Roland, ASM etc etc. Korg software is the worst in the universe and not being able to have support directly from them makes it even worse.

Well, this is a bit different since the other vendors don't use networking over USB. I have machines from the other vendors and they all have their problems.
iPad, Roland-D05, Elekrtron Digitakt, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak
A lot of cumputer stuff!
drdave2002

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can you believe this, I kept searching online for help here thinking I can't be the only person who cant get the Wavestate connected to the editor and an entry by Danatkorg kept popping up, as i read this it kinda said dont forget the editor wont play with the old firmware.... well in my case Editor 1.0 is intermittently working on my wavestate fw 2.0.1, now I could complain about this but it allowed me to backup over 100 performances for me, so I can live with this, another point is I've noticed that starting the editor straight after a reboot has worked more than failing...so points to my config, trouble is its got too much stuff on there that i can't really start fresh without major pain (yes i know the pain is coming)

So if you are having trouble, why not reload the old editor and give it a go.
Korg Kronos 61, M3-73, Karma (all-time classic), X5, Wavestate, Roland Juno Gi, JV, D110, Arturia Microfreak, Modal Skulpt, IK Uno. Nanopad2, M-Audio Venom, Deepmind 12D, Crave, TB3, Maschine Mk3, Moog Werkstat and a few other bits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: