Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg D1 88-key Stage Piano/Controller

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xenophile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:54 am    Post subject: Korg D1 88-key Stage Piano/Controller Reply with quote

I've been gigging with a Kronos2-61 and a Studiologic SL-88 Studio controller for a couple years now. But I don't like the Studiologic's action... Too heavy and "mushy." My hands get tired after playing a couple hours.

I have not tried one, but I heard that the Studiologic SL-88 Grand is a totally different beast, and I was thinking of upgrading. But I just read about the new(?) Kord D1 88 Key Stage Piano/Controller with the RH3 action. I thought it might be the exact same keyboard that is on the Kronos 88, but it looks like the D1 does not have after-touch, which would be a big problem for me. I use AT a lot. But the light weight of the D1 (35 lbs) is appealing. Plus it has a handful of essential sounds built-in that would make it an economical back-up should the Kronos get temperamental.

Can anyone else relate to what I am saying about the Studiologic "Studio" action? Would you agree that the "Grand" version has a considerably lighter, but still piano-like action? I have a Motif ES8 at home, and I LOVE the action on that, but it's way too big and heavy for an old guy like me to haul around to gigs.

Any other recommendations for a portable, weighted 88 key controller with AT?
Mezzopiano

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I used to own a SL 88 Studio myself and i can confirm that the action is not that great and i felt exactly as you do, i ended up selling it, but never got to try the SL 88 Grand, but i heard is the same action as the Nord Stage 3, which i have tried and i like it lot more (but in the end, almost everything is better than the SL Studio)

The only difference is that i used to own also a Motif ES8 and i HATED the action, too heavy for me

I currently own a KRONOS 2 73, with the RH3 action and it suffices, i like it better than most Motifs and SL Studio (also, Yamaha MODX 8 has an awful key action in my opinion)

Have you tried anything from Roland? Check out the A88
davc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you really like the korg rh3 action , i believe the D1 is about the cheapest , lightest way to get into it .. ! i have a Kronos 88 , which I don't want to carry around ... but i needed a few more features in a stage piano ... i got a dexibel S7-pro , which is more costly than the D1 . the action is a bit heavier than the rh3 , but it is OK .

i needed to split and layer a few voices , which the D1 won't do , so i could play left hand bass / keys in my duo ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: