Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saving program on an external support ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psoas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject: Saving program on an external support ? Reply with quote

Hy guys.

I would like to know a procedure to save a program on HD or USB stick.

I don't want to save the program on itself or somewhere else in the Banks.

I have more than 20.000 sounds and want to save those I apreciate to build my own bank of 127 favorites...

"procedure"
I load my .pcg or sysex in the synth and listen the sounds.
If I want to save a single program as a file it's not possible.
It saves the whole bank in .pcg...

Who has an idea ? I should be possible because in some sound folders I have seen sometimes some programs and not a whole bank...
Thank you.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not easily possible to save individual programs (IMHO not practical anyway since you then need to juggle with a gazillion files). If you absolutely want to save per program, consult the Kronos SYSEX implementation.

A much easier way to rearrange your progs and combis banks/order is to use any of the following freeware : Kronos Editor, PCG Tools and/or TidyKronos. Each has different strengths and interesting options.
pete.m

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you are talking about two sorts of programs - the programs the Korg usually has, plus the SYX DX-style programs which can also be loaded. The procedure is the same either way.

I've also had thousands of sounds that I have wanted to arrange into my own banks down the years, and it can be done easily enough but the process is inevitably slow because you have to decide which individual sounds you want to keep.

First of all, work through the individual sounds on your Kronos and initialise those you don't want. That will free up lots of space. You can then reorganise the ones you want into different banks if you want - you might find that an editor/librarian will be the quickest way of doing it. When I did it, I freed up nearly half the capacity of the PCG.

As for your new sounds, you can initially load them to the internal SSD, audition them, and then load in the ones you want. Again, an editor/librarian might suit you best.

Remember that all the reorganising of your programs will affect your combis, because the combi will stick with the original patch numbers, rather than the programs themselves.

You can save your new PCG wherever you want after you've done the work - to the SSD or to USB stick, perferably both. It's all easy enough, but it is repetitive and slow. The great thing is, once you've done it and got rid of tons of similar-sounding oboe/saxophone sounds etc etc, the PCG will be far more to your taste and you'll get a lot more out of your Kronos.
tunaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pete.m wrote:
Remember that all the reorganising of your programs will affect your combis, because the combi will stick with the original patch numbers, rather than the programs themselves.

The exception to this is if you use PCG Tools to manipulate the Program data - it will keep track of the locations and update the pointers accordingly.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Saving program on an external support ? Reply with quote

Psoas wrote:
If I want to save a single program as a file it's not possible.
It saves the whole bank in .pcg...

Concerning PCG , you can create a custom Bank with all sounds you like and save them as specific Bank , but you can
open and load only one Sound/Combination per time if you like so.
This case is for factory samples , else it's more complicated.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: