Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alphabetical order

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sagar ahuja

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject: Alphabetical order Reply with quote

Yesterday i have loaded all my pa4x data, and all the favorite and user banks(including keyboard sets and Styles)are loaded with alphabetical order not in the order which i have saved in pa4x, is there any option to load all the data in the same order in pa4x?
davekalbach

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No loading options that I saw.

I believe Korg's direction here was to implement the Set List for this purpose.

In this way you can combine any variation of Songs, Styles, MP3s, MIDIs that you want and create a setlist or many setlist for what you are trying to accomplish. A bit of a paradigm shift for everyone used to working from Songbook, but it makes perfect sense to me.

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
sagar ahuja

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davekalbach wrote:
No loading options that I saw.

I believe Korg's direction here was to implement the Set List for this purpose.

In this way you can combine any variation of Songs, Styles, MP3s, MIDIs that you want and create a setlist or many setlist for what you are trying to accomplish. A bit of a paradigm shift for everyone used to working from Songbook, but it makes perfect sense to me.

That means, if i am upgrading from pa4x to pa5x i have to make my list from scratch? I am a professional live performer, and i have habit and practice of changing sounds and styles instantly and frequently and just imagine all the locations of user banks keyboard sets are suddenly change. Unbelievable
I've also upgraded from 3x to 4x and i was able to perform from 1st day i bought 4x that was only because all the locations of my previous data was loaded correctly. But here i have to work in 5x for 1 or 2 months to arrange my old data. Strange
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my biggest complaints.

Someone wrote that there is a workaround this. Name your file “A_whatever” so it can fill in the slot you want. But…..a huge but…..what if you add another sound later down the road. All your sound, pads, styles, shift down. It’s a huge mess. If I’m used to selecting a certain sound on page 4 on user 1, it should always be there. I’m a live performer as well. My sets are normally over an hour long. I don’t have time to look through where things are. It’s complete non-sense.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yesterday i have loaded all my pa4x data, and all the favorite and user banks(including keyboard sets and Styles)are loaded with alphabetical order not in the order which i have saved in pa4x, is there any option to load all the data in the same order in pa4x?

So (trying to understand) you are saying that (for example) styles within your old SET's banks end up in alphabetical order, hence the new BANK locations are not as PA4x?
This would seriously mess up SONGBOOK entries too which relies on STYLE slot locations.
Apologies, as I may not be understanding correctly.

Thanks

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my Pa4x…..I have my style located at User 1, Page 1, first slot named “zebra”

On the Pa5x…. It would be on User 1, on page 6, if you have every slot filled. If not, it will keep moving towards the end with every new style you add. Meaning at one gig, the style will be at page 4, then the next it becomes 5. It’s extremely confusing when you’re performing live and remember where everything is at.
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meaning you can’t pick the location within the user or favorite of where you want to save it. This means, user sounds, drum kits, pads, styles, everything.

I have pads that I put near each other on my user folder. They are now 6 pages away from each other because of the name.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On the Pa5x…. It would be on User 1, on page 6, if you have every slot filled. If not, it will keep moving towards the end with every new style you add. Meaning at one gig, the style will be at page 4, then the next it becomes 5. It’s extremely confusing when you’re performing live and remember where everything is at.

So that completely screws SONGBOOK which (if could be imported) would reference the wrong style
I'm a bit confused now....

P Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
sagar ahuja

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For example, in pa4x i renamed favorite 1 bank as "beta" favorite 2 as "Charlie" and favorite 3 as "Alpha" but after loading in pa5x the order is Alpha, beta, Charlie and so on...

Same is with the Keyboard sets, example in pa4x user bank page 1, my 1st Keyboard set is "Zurna" 2nd is "Guitar" 3rd is "Alto sax" but after loading in pa5x it will be loaded in alphabetical order like 1st Alto sax, 2nd Guitar, 3rd zurna..
That is very messy
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is easy to be fixed or have the choice to enable alfabetical order in a future update.
davekalbach

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this not the reason for the creation of Setlist?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the use. But to me it seems simple, styles are alphabetically arranged by Style Category (create your own and add more if you wish)

Setlist links to whatever file, song, style, mp3 you want to play. If you want data to manipulate and organize, Setlist is where you would to it.

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: