Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Older OS Version Preload.pcg files for older PCG downloads?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timg11

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:33 pm    Post subject: Older OS Version Preload.pcg files for older PCG downloads? Reply with quote

I have a PCG file I downloaded a number of years ago (DEVINE.PCG) and I'm trying to fix the Combi references.

The DEVINE.PCG OS version is 1.5/1.6.

I have Kronos 1 Preload.pcg that is OS version 1.0/1.1
I have KRONOS X Factory sounds V2 (for KRONOS System v2.1) that is OS version 2.0
I have Kronos 2 Preload.pcg that is OS version 3.x

I do not have a Kronos 1 preload.pcg that is for OS version 1.5/1.6.

PCGtools will not work with PCG files with differing OS versions. If I set the master file to Kronos 1 Preload.pcg (OS 1.0), the DEVINE.PCG Combi references are not resolved. Every program name in the Combi Timbres is "KORGh". If I generate the Combi Content list in PCGtools, every program name is shown as "???". PCGtools does not have a "save PCG as different version" capability.

I cannot merge the DEVINE.PCG banks into the Preload because the OS version is different. I have searched the downloads for Korg.com and cannot find the preload.pcg for V1.5/1.6. I extracted the contents of KRONOS_Update1_6_0.zip file, but there is no PCG included.

Could somebody point me to the Kronos 1 factory preload PCG with OS version 1.5 or 1.6?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DEVINE.PCG that I have has been converted for the OASYS LAC-1 engine (Legacy Analog Cell, now the MS-20ex in the Kronos). The Kronos should load the file OK.

It might be worth making a backup of the Kronos PCG data, loading the DEVINE.PCG file and re-saving the Kronos PCG, then having a go at using PCGTools on the Kronos PCG files to rearrange things and to correct the Combi references.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: