Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos USB-B & Audio Output
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hot Air

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fomalhaut wrote:
Hot Air wrote:
Did you eventually find a solution?
I too am not able to hear the audio through the headphone output of my Steinberg interface

The Kronos will happily send audio output via USB to your computer. Now you want your computer to route that audio to your interface. That's a task you need to perform on Cubase.

I don't have any Cubase experience, sorry, but I would suggest you to try to set an audio track with input "KRONOS USB AUDIO" (or something like that) and output that to your computer headphones (not the audio interface) as a first step.

Also make sure the KRONOS USB AUDIO device is present on your Cubase settings as an available audio device.

Thanks! Will try that. It’s my mission for today to get it working.
Hot Air

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:56 am    Post subject: Solved! Reply with quote

I got it to work.

For any future users who are figuring out how to do this on CUBASE (like I just was), you will need an audio driver that can “glue” other drivers to it, since Cubase will only use one ASIO driver at a time. ASIO4ALL (free software) will do it. After install, restart etc, it will show up as a driver option in Studio Setup. Choose ASIO4ALL as your ASIO driver.

From that Studio Setup screen you can then open a Control Panel window which will show your connected music devices. In my case a KronosX that I was trying to get to communicate with Cubase and send audio via USB. Switch on the respective device(s). There is an advanced setting which can elaborate between in/out for each device and some other things.

Under Studio - Audio Connections, create a new Input Bus to represent your device. If you plan to use it as an output as well, create a new Output Bus too.

Create a new Audio track. From the inspector tab you can select the input and output bus. Your new instrument should be on the bus list. In order to hear your external USB connected instrument, you will need to monitor that track by selecting the monitor button.

I did have to close and open Cubase again to engage some of the changes I made. I’m pleased to say that so far it seems to be working nicely

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/audio-over-usb-external-gear/744369/3
AdamBurgess1337

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg Kronos 88 is a beast of a keyboard, congrats on the purchase! It's always a bit tricky setting up new gear, especially when you're navigating through a maze of drivers and compatibility issues.
About the MacOS Catalina and the drivers—yeah, it can be a hassle if they're only designed for an older OS. Did you check Korg's website for any updated drivers? Sometimes they release new versions to address compatibility.
Since you're diving into a new setup, you might also want to take a look at https://lalightingandsound.com/. They deal with professional audio and lighting gear, so you could pick up some tips on the setup from them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: